Jones Marsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones Marsh

I headed into the back waters of Jones today before work. The water was in good shape but a little more stained compared to the last time I was back there.

This morning the mullet were pretty thick so I had to use something a little bigger to get the fish to strike. I tried top water for the first half hour with no such luck, so I switched to a 1/16 oz. head with a glow/chart. Bayou Chub. I was working slow over shell and mud with no luck, so I started working it a little faster and that got them to strike.

I caught 6 or 7 rat reds to 18" and 1 that made the cut. Since I had to go in to work this morning she was CPR'd to fight another day.

I wanted to see if I could pick up something bigger right before I had to leave, so I switched to a TTF XL KFM in Texas Roach and I did get something bigger, I hooked into a 30 inch black drum. I thought I had the state record flounder, because I saw a dark silhouette instead of the copper flash and I had hit a clump of oysters right before I got the hit. It was a fun fight none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Son of the Republic

Nice going, thanks for the report.

Comment

Great Report!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the report!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Sounds like you had an exciting morning! Better than going into work early anyday!

Comment

Not to jack the thread, but to the same area, got my little whaler out to check some maintenance issues yesterday and got into some small trout and flounder at my spot in the diversionary with my fishing buddy, termo. Ended up boxing two good flounder and two speckled trout with five or six throwbacks and had another half dozen that came unbuttoned. Water was in very nice shape with a slow incoming and 66 degree temp. Fish were eating tequlia shrimptails with chartreuse and orange tails. First consistent bite this early spring.

Comment

Way to go blue team!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good going there, Blue! It means the fishing is picking up...Thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice report. ( Had to go to work)....As often as you fish I thought you were rich or retired. LOL

Comment

Great report, nice way to start the day before you go to work! Thanks.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                      X