One More Cast!- 03/20/14 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One More Cast!- 03/20/14 Report

Had one of those nights where I couldn't sleep so I went out to look for those trout. I had class later in the day so I knew I couldn't stay long. Made the trek through the mud to the reef and was greeted with trout blowing up on bait. Trout were flying out of the water chasing after mullet and other pinfish. I quickly tied on a she dog and made a cast...the reel would not reengage. After a half hour or so, I made the trek back to the car to get the spare. Came back out to find the bait had moved further down the reef to a point where I couldn't even get em. It was, to say the least, frustrating. I had a few half hearted blow ups, and eventually a few fish, but I knew I could have had more. I switched to a corky devil and that's how I got most of my fish. The slow sinking devil gave the fish enough time to inhale the baits. Eventually, I had tallied 9 fish and I desperately tried to get that last one for a limit...to no avail. I kept telling myself, one more cast. Maybe next time. Total tally for the day was 9 trout to around 5 ish lbs.Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	575263Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	575264
    Resident Ninja

You're wearing 'em out on that spot, jhua. Termo and I will be there Monday. Get ready to move over. See you then!

Comment

I plan to be in there on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.

JYC
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Way to go bro! Fat arse trout
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Way to go! I couldn't tell you the last time I got that close to a limit.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

sweet!! what reef was that?
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
              sweet!! what reef was that?
              LOL!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Oh man , good job ! Ya killing me . I like and use that chartreuse red head color myself . I beef up the color by putting several coats of SPIKE IT chartreuse tail dip in the pen dispenser .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice going again Jhua. I guess from the posts you are still on that same spot.SWEET!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X