11-22 Evening - Jones/Diversionary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-22 Evening - Jones/Diversionary

Snuck out for a bit this afternoon. Not much going on -- did manage to catch a few keeper trout and some rat reds. Everything was caught on spinnerbaits. Never been much on spoons so I stick with an assortment of spinners. Water was a mixture of green and tea stain running in from the marsh. Caught most of the fish around the grass-- tide was going out fast!
    OH Yea -- I'd like to send a heartfelt thanks out to the jack Azz that pulled up right in front of me while I was trolling along the grass and started throwing a cast net. I just smiled and trolled around him --
    I'm getting much more tolerant as I get older.
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

you caught dinner.nice...had a boat cut our drift off in the kayaks the other day so i can relate
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nicee!!! Yeah... tide was ripping out quick today.

Comment

great report......I have never caught any trout on the spinner baits, but the reds love em!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

you should have backed up to him, trimmed up the engine, and hammered down the throttle and blasted him with prop wash in the face.
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Common courtesy on the water seems to be lacking these days.. I don't now if it is tunnel vision, poor planning with just a plan A and no B or C??? Good job for biting your tongue.. Thank you for the report and pictures..
            Last edited by Hogie70; November 22, 2009, 11:25 PM.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

It Beats The Sheeit Out Of Me why people do that!

I was throwing my castnet and some guy in a southshore pulled up and trolled right into my castnetting spot .

Thanks for the report!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I was going to make a smart aleck remark, ROBALO, but yours was better than mine. Good one ! Thanks for the report !
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hey we saw you running towards the bridge... It was me and my dad in a flat bottom with a mercury at the two pipes on up the diversionary.. I think I know who you're talking about with the cast net.. Was it a sandish color boat with a white motor?
                  Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by Primer View Post
                    Hey we saw you running towards the bridge... It was me and my dad in a flat bottom with a mercury at the two pipes on up the diversionary.. I think I know who you're talking about with the cast net.. Was it a sandish color boat with a white motor?
                    I remember seeing you guys -- It wasn't that guy in the sandish color boat -- I saw him at the ramp. It was some dude in a john boat -- older guy even older motor.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I was throwing my castnet and some guy in a southshore pulled up and trolled right into my castnetting spot .

You're the man Robalo!!
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Where do you launch?
                        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by Primer View Post
                          Where do you launch?
                          Usually put in at the 2nd street public ramp in Hitchcock. I live one bridge in from the ramp. From my driveway to the water takes me about 5 minutes -- bit of a run though if I'm going anywhere other than Jones or Greens. I normally find enough fish to keep me busy pretty close to the house though.
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                            OH Yea -- I'd like to send a heartfelt thanks out to the jack Azz that pulled up right in front of me while I was trolling along the grass and started throwing a cast net. I just smiled and trolled around him --
                            I'm getting much more tolerant as I get older.
                            Probably the smart thing to do but some folks need to be advised of their foul play.. Ignorance...Stupidity.... and just plain Rude!!
                            Nothing boils my blood more and I'll give em Hell.

Good posting!
                            wd

Comment

Working...
                            X