Speaking of Game Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Game Cams

Here is what I did to mine this weekend. I got really tired of replacing batteries in it and they didn't seem to last very long anyway. I wanted something to take pictures for up to two weeks without needing the batteries replaced. Most of the time I get up to my place only every other weekend. So here is my solution. Mount a piece of PVC to a stake then mount a battery box, solar cell and camera to the PVC. The battery is a rechargeable 6v just like most feeders take. You do have to do some modifications to the camera (adding a couple of wires to connect to the battery) but it isn't any biggie. Now to get up there and set up will be the first big test.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bountyhunter; November 23, 2009, 05:05 PM.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Wow BH, that's cool! I just replace my batteries in mine(takes 6). These gamecams are D size battery eaters.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryK View Post
      Wow BH, that's cool! I just replace my batteries in mine(takes 6). These gamecams are D size battery eaters.
      This one only took 4 "C" batteries. For one like your's we would have to use a 12v rechargable battery and put a resister in line to knock it down to 9v. But it could be done about the same as mine. Let me know if you want to set it up and I'll help if I can.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

now that's some high quality engineering right there... nice work!

Comment

huh brainstorming good work Derek
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
            This one only took 4 "C" batteries. For one like your's we would have to use a 12v rechargable battery and put a resister in line to knock it down to 9v. But it could be done about the same as mine. Let me know if you want to set it up and I'll help if I can.
            Will do BH...in the long run this is a great idea..thanks for the offer!

Comment

Working...
            X