Which bilge pump to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which bilge pump to buy

Good afternoon guys, I have a question for yall. I need to buy a bilge pump but I am not sure which one to get. I was thinking of buying a Tsunami 1200 non auto and a float switch with a replacable motor cartrige. My boat mechanic told me to get a Rule1200-1500 Non Auto. I have a 21 foot aluminum center console with all foam under the decking.

The way I look at it if the pump goes out I can insert the back up cartidge motor with the one below. Currently there is no bilge pump.

Thanks in advanced.
    NoBama

I'd go with the Rule.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      I'd go with the Rule.
      x2

Comment

x3. Get an auto with manual switch also-that way if ya get a big rain overnight, your boat will still be floating (yes that is an "almost" experience-was an inch from shorting batteries-took over an hour to pump out). I don't trust those float switches either-but as long as fully enclosed, they are OK-if not enclosed, anything can stick them open and drain your battery. The auto bilges usually run every so often (sensors) and can drain down a battery over a summer. Get a rule 1200 auto with built in float switch.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I went with the rule 1500 non auto. I don't plan on sleeping in the boat so for now so no float switch. I am going to wire in a Red LED on the console that will tell me when the bilge is on. Once I get the feel for the boat and bilge I will add the float switch.

Backup will be a 500gph rule with alligator clicks and a few feet of hose.(007 ideer)
          NoBama

Comment

Working...
          X