Venice Trip last week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venice Trip last week....

Went to Venice to fish Sunday and Monday. Sunday was blown out so we fished in shore for reds and as usual out there crushed 'em. Capt Brandon Carter with Reel Shot guided. Will say for him that I have had now six guides out of Venice in shore and he is the best I have had. Best part of that day was hitting a beach front that had to have had over 300 reds chasing bait in the waves. Each cast produced and about half were over the 30" limit. We pulled out 20 fish there. Water was maybe two feet deep so seeing them was as easy can you can guess...had a nice 6' bully shark ripping in 'em every now and then to to add to the excitement. The pick here is my friend Bud with a 40" beast...caught on LIGHT tackle so needless to say that fight lasted about twenty minutes. Fun stuff...

Next day headed out at 6 to chase tuna. Told the guide to skip everything but tuna as that's all we cared about. Consistent bite all day, getting hit once every twenty minutes or so. Hung some blackies too but released all those fella's...why keep black when your loading up on yellow? All in all we hung close to 15 tuna and boated 8 yellows at average weight of 55 pounds and four blacks. Paradise Outfitters was again the guide service I used. I have used them now four years in a row and if your headed out that way I strongly suggest calling them. Fun stuff...if you want an offshore adventure like none other head to Venice folks...oh...and call me as I want to go too!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140330_145419_234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	575276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0411.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	575277Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	575278Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	575279
    Last edited by Baby Tran Cat; April 7, 2014, 11:49 AM.
    sigpic

Nice! Looks like a great trip! One day....
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Great job!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

It great to have some days like that. Congats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go, Tuna Crusher!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Badarse!
            Karma's a beach.

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That's pretty awesome
                You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Working...
                X