No announcement yet.

The forum sure has been dead lately...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The forum sure has been dead lately...

WTF. I wonder why?
    It pisses me off that people can legaly cull all day for two big ones but I can't pick and choose my two big ones. What freaking difference does it make how they are taken as long as its legal. I'll tell you whats going on. They are grasping at straws and using the rec gigger as a scapegoat/patsy. This is a joke.
    Seriously...how many mortaly legal sized flounder where released this month so a angler could bag 2 doormats.
    Its all BS!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Dead b/c its closed this month

I agree with you on mortally wounded flounder.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Dead b/c its closed this month

I agree with you on mortally wounded flounder.
      I know but I just want to get some thought provocation on this.
      If they can ban the gig for a month they can ban it permenantly.

I got a sick feeling it's comming. All the freaking tree huggers think the gigs take a limit every night when nothing could be further from the truth, so they pin the tail on what they don't understand.

I would stand to bet gigger's may be better stewards of the recource than most casual anglers.
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Like I said Bert......You got flounder on the brain!
        Next week you will be back out there I am sure!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
          Like I said Bert......You got flounder on the brain!
          Next week you will be back out there I am sure!
          It's a sickness but I genuinely care...

Comment

how bout the best of both worlds... hook it on rod and line and then stab it with ur stringer!

Comment

Originally posted by slyell View Post
              how bout the best of both worlds... hook it on rod and line and then stab it with ur stringer!
              Maybe some day I can demonstrate to you how to deftly grab a Flounder in a paralyzing hold that thrust the fishes mouth open. Then you can remove you're hook like you know what you're doing to the amazment of all in eyesight of you're spectacle.

This can actualy be seen done to a juvy flounder I released caught in the video I posted, "ode to Summer 09"

Comment

People who cull fish piss me off. Greedy practice.

Comment

Originally posted by slyell View Post
                  thats what im talkin about!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Cull, does that mean the same as trading up? If it does, I am all for it. The fish will
                    probably be sore and will live to be caught another day.
                    NoBama

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
                      Cull, does that mean the same as trading up? If it does, I am all for it. The fish will
                      Maybe, if you used a mud minnow and gave it a long count then prolly not.

Comment

Catch 2 on rod or gigg 2 same thing.I have never been gigging but taking 2 flounder nomatter how is 2 flounder.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                          Catch 2 on rod or gigg 2 same thing.I have never been gigging but taking 2 flounder nomatter how is 2 flounder.
                          i agree
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

To each his own then. It's perfectly legal and no one is gonna force you not to. I think it's unethical, at least when you are using a stringer or worse do-net, to injure/stress out a fish just to "trade it up" to one a little bigger. IMO, if you are gonna stringer it or whatever, show it the respect to actually eat that one instead of turning it loose so you can have a few oz. more meat.

Then again, I might just be overly careful with my fish. If I'm gonna release it, I do everything I can to release it as healthy as I can (grab it with wet hands, only rubber nets, don't squeeze the heck out of the gills to hold it). If I'm keeping it I could care less, but that will be the fish I am eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                              ,... don't squeeze the heck out of the gills to hold it.
                              I got to thinking about this even before you're post. The Paralyzing gill grab.
                              Thats gotta hurt. Because they don't have a air bladder, they would not float upside down in shock or distress...nah, every time I let one go in this manner it swims off like a bat outta hell. I wonder though.

Comment

Working...
                              X