New to West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to West Bay

We just bought a place on the canal down in Jamaica Beach. I have a hot spots map for West Bay but was hoping someone could give me a few pointers on fishing West Bay in the late Spring/early Summer. Is Greens Cut any good? Should I drift the reefs? Is the South shoreline any good?

I don't mind working for it...just looking for a little help.

Thanks in advance. Love this website.

Juat wanted to say 'Welcome'

Comment

Thanks man! My brother has a place in JB...so we're fired up to do some fishing.

Comment

Use the map . Carefully explore around JB , note everything , build some confidence about your area . You don't necessarily have to go way over " there " to catch fish . It takes time . Wade fishing is best for learning the nuances and details of an area . WELCOME !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Like Plugger said and welcome aboard.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Welcome aboard!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watch the Jam Beach Water patrol and wakes and drinking-they love to arrest boaters for DUI and "safety", so make sure ya got all up to date required safety stuff (which is darn smart anyway). Get the Hookset map, study it and also post up when you're gonna go out and maybe some of us here will say "tag along with me" or hire a West bay guide like Greg Francis (Saltwater assault) or Glenn Stevens or Thomas1 on here and they'll show you some spots. Use courtesy when running and looking for spots to try-do not crowd anyone and don't fark up folks wading or drifting-in other words treat others as you would want to be treated and you'll do fine. Many south shoreline spots are good-watch out for the sunken geotubes-use Google Earth-it can be your friend and help ID some areas to try or to avoid.

As to the three areas you mentioned, yes, try them all-drift reefs, south shoreline and greens area as well as n and s deer islands. watch out around San Luis Pass-you will run aground there - everyone does, some even after 'knowing it'. Attend some FWE functions and meet some folks here-I know about 5 or 6 of us here are in Jam Beach-like me, Kenny, TTU Wader and while we don't give out 'secrets', we do give tips.

Good fishing and welcome.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

^^^ Excellent advice.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great info! Thanks! My brother is the Chief of the volunteer fire dept in Jamaica Beach so he won't let me break any rules :-)

I am definitely going to hire a guide to show me a few spots...more importantly, where NOT to go.

Thanks again for all the great info!

Comment

Working...
                    X