Gigging Friday or Sat. ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging Friday or Sat. ??????

With the front coming through this week, I'm not sure if the water is going to be ok on Friday or if I should put it off until Sat.

I'm taking my son and his friend, if anyone wants to meet up let me know.

Eddie

Eddie, I might try to convince NautiGirl here on the board to come down with me. She's never stuck a flounder but loves to eat them... We'll see what she says. I would be interested in trying that same spot again especially if she wants to come.

I was also talking with Aqua Pimp yesterday about the tide levels, they are extremely high right now and with this cold front the water level should drop back down to a better "gigging level"
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I was thinking the front would push some water out of the bay. How do think the water will be on Friday?

Comment

Love to go, I am leaving for my 14 day hitch tomorrow. Be back on the 5th. I am definately planning on doing some serious huning and fishing/gigging if it still any good. Heck, Im going even if it is bad. Good luck to you guys for the next two weeks, I'll be at work.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I'm going either Friday or Saturday...I would think Saturday would be the better day. Plan is to fish until dark thirty then breakout the flounder gear.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Well after seeing the newest forecast ...I believe Friday night might be the one. SE @ 5-10, looks like another front for Saturday.
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I'm interested either Friday or Saturday. I have two sets of gigging gear.

Comment

I will be down on Friday night with my son and a buddy if you want to meet up let me know.

Comment

Interested. What time and where would we meet?

Comment

I'll be putting in down by the boat ramp behind Rusty Hook. It's a private ramp, forgot the subdivision name, and then easing down toward the pass.Plan on working out that shoreline between Terramar and the SLP.

Cell number is 281-380-4831 if anyones going give me a shout.

Monte
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Dadgum. I missed your post. I'll try to catch it next time.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt View Post
                        Dadgum. I missed your post. I'll try to catch it next time.
                        Ended up with 5 from right at sunset to 10:00 PM. After that it was a wash. All came on my first wade about 1/2 mile west from the house with the tennis court. Everyone was stabbed within 3-5 ft from the shoreline in ankle deep water. Good thing considering my light failed and I had to use a flashlight taped to my gig.

Was that y'all (2 lights)I saw East of the Pass working the shoreline about midnight?
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                        X