Lonestar Shootout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonestar Shootout!

Well the rivalry sure lived up to its name this year! The then unranked 6-5 Ags went up against the #3 11-0 horns with a 3 touchdown spread against them. But when you get those two teams together, you might as well throw all the records and rankings and stats out the window because you never know whats going to happen. Kyle Field sure was rockin tonight with a full house of 84 thousand plus. The Ags put up a hell of a fight, but in the end they just ran out of time. I wasn't expecting it to be so close, but the Aggies decided to show up and gave Colt McCoy a run for his money. It was a well called game that was pretty clean for the most part (with the exception of the guy who started the texas fight yell while the stadium was dead silent for the injured Christine Michael, but I guess everyone has at least one a hole). Awesome game to say the least. It looked like it could have gone either way until the end of the fourth quarter, and thats the way a football game should be! I'm excited to see such a young Aggie team with so much talent. Things should be interesting over my 3 remaining years at A&M (or four depending on how things turn out on my end ). Colt McCoy's little scrambles and draws tore us up though. I guess most people werent expecting him to run that much. But it was a well played game by both teams and (cant believe I'm saying this) I wish the horns luck in their quest for a national title. I'd much rather have a team from the lonestar state bring a trophy home than those worthless gators. As Bill Pekar would say, "when you're eyes are closed and you're in the dark, the colors are all the same."

And by the way Robalo, I accept your bet and you now owe me $100! The Aggies put up 39 on the scoreboard
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

That was one heck of a game, our Aggies have something to look forward to next year! Lots of freshman players returning. BTW, Colt looked really good and should win the heisman.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

That was a great game. I wasnt planning on watching the whole game but It just kept going back and forth, I couldn't walk away!

Comment

I missed the 2nd half was already asleep.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          I missed the 2nd half was already asleep.
          LMAO...Ive missed most of this day because of the nervous marathon slamming down beer last night. It rivals Jan 2.

Comment

Extreme:

I would have taken that bet had it been timely accepted. You are absolutely correct-what a game and the Ags look like National Contenders next year after the way the handled the Horns. It was tough to watch (for me, not you) and I thought the Horns were gonna blow it. It made me a little more confident about them, even though they barely beat Nebraska. I just hope that STATE OF TEXAS TEAMS WIN-WHETHER IT BE THE HORNS, AGGIES OR TECH. HATE FLORIDA, SEC (EXCEPT LS OF U) AND PAC 10, SO GO HORNS, AGS, & RAIDERS!!

SORRY FOR LATE RESPONSE-MISSED IT EARLIER!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X