11-27 Diversionary / Marsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-27 Diversionary / Marsh

Took my 8 year old side-kick out again this afternoon for a few hours. Had plans to run to greens but I could tell he was cold and I stopped towards the end of the diversionary to keep him from freezing. The reds were tearing it up this afternoon. I lost count of the undersized ones. Probably caught 6 or 8 keepers but I only kept 2 for dinner. Caught one keeper trout and no flounder. Everything was caught on gold spinnerbaits with chartreuse tails and Gulp camo 5" jerk shad and Gulp 4" Chartreuse grubs. The tide was coming in fast and the water temp on the depth finder was reading between 56 and 58 ( not sure how accurate that thing is). Gonna try again tomorrow for sure!
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

great pics, great report

Comment

Good job getting the youngster out to enjoy the day on the water.. Catching fish is just a bonus..
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice job, those temps sound right. Mine was reading 57 in the jamaica beach canal and 55-56 on the shorelines.

Comment

Great report and pics.......Great day out there!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
            Nice job, those temps sound right. Mine was reading 57 in the jamaica beach canal and 55-56 on the shorelines.
            Thanks for the confirmation -- I've been wondering if that thing is close..
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
              Thanks for the confirmation -- I've been wondering if that thing is close..
              Same with mine today
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for reporting. Always good to get the kids out there. My 17 year old has a lot going on at school and work, and other interests. Now it's hard to pin down for a fishing trip.

Think we saw you all as we were heading out Saturday evening.
                Scott
                "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
                  Thanks for reporting. Always good to get the kids out there. My 17 year old has a lot going on at school and work, and other interests. Now it's hard to pin down for a fishing trip.

Think we saw you all as we were heading out Saturday evening.
                  If you were in the diversionary it was me that you saw.. I stick out with those big block letters on the side!!
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report and pics. Nice fish !!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice report and great kid pic!!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

thanks for the report!!
                        good pics....you have a fishing partner for life!!!
                        Captain Glenn Stevens
                        Coastal Guide Service
                        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Great job getting the kiddo on fish!

Comment

Working...
                          X