A new dock for Blockade Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new dock for Blockade Runners

VJER (From 2cool), 007, Glenn (The honcho), and I went out this past Sunday for some heavy labor. Well, as soon as we got there, I got sent upstairs to do all the "Woman's work", cleaning up the mess in the kitchen. They got to play with the trash pump, drive pilings, and frame up the dock. All the glory goes to them while I got trashed all day and constantly told to get back to my sweeping. I fired back by throwing cowpies at them. Yes, the camp was full of cowpies. LOL. Man those guys were brutal. Thanks for your help Mike!

Things are on their way back out there. Still no roof over the kitchen, and that will be a job for the weekend after Halloween. We'll get some planks on the dock, a small front porch built, and the stairs will come next.

If anyone is interested in coming out and helping, mark your calendars for November 1st and second. I'm picking up a load of lumber on Wednesday or Thursday that should get the dock covered.

Thought I'd include a photo from the weekend before. Here is the rarely photographed Chuck in his natural habitat. Also one of Chuck with 007, who was pretending to fish .

If anyone is interested in lending a hand, the next trip out will be November 1st and or 2nd. Mark your calendars and mention your choice of beer here.

The plan is to get the kitchen covered with a temporary roof, complete the presently framed part of the dock, build a small front porch in front of the door, install stairs up to it, and then we can work on leveling the place out and it will be liveable enough to do some projects there while we start tearing down the other one on the corner of Churchill and Cold Pass. One of these days I'll get back to fishing a little again, but not anytime soon.

Oh, after this past Sunday's efforts, I took the guys out for dinner at Hooters. 007 fell for the waitress, and who could blame him.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Looking good.The new dock too
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
    X