• Coming Soon......A New WOTM!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399868089157.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	575345

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Tease ....
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hey , weekend before last , I was in San Antonio for a dental conference and my wife and I went to an upscale steak house , Bohannan 's . A friend has been asking for a super duper bourban when dining out locally to no avail . It's PAPPY VAN WINKLE . At BOHANNAN's I asked if they had it . The waiter clapped his hands and did a little jig and said yes . I thought this might be my only chance and got a sniffer of 20 year old PAPPY VAN WINKLE . I had to take my backup cash from the inside of my boot , money belt , and a loan from the wife to pay for it . It was good but don't make it a habit to buy it at a fancy pants restaurant .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I think EVAN WILLIAMS is the smoothest bourban I've had . A favorite at a very reasonable cost .

Comment

The answer is Willett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Oh yeah , I tried that . I remember you recommending it . It was good . Maybe you would go bonkers over PAPPY VAN WINKLE .

Comment

Plugger....you ever watch JUSTIFIED? All the badass Kentucky gangsters drink PAPPY.

I have never tried it, but I am sure we'll cross paths in a bar somewhere, sometime.

Comment

Sheeet, where is the Wine of the Month-and I aint talking about MGSteil's "WHINE". Ha Ha. I just can't drink bourbon since I was 18 y.o. and used to drink a fifth a night once or twice a week of the most potent but cheap stuff made (Tom Moore 100 proof and Fightin Cock 103 proof). I couldn't afford Turkey or Jack back then and all the cheapazz bourbon I heavily over-imbibed in after awhile made my stomach turn once too many times-it sorta looked like your ugliest GF with bad acne (that ya wouldn't let anyone know you were doing/seeing) all over the pavement-and now just the smell of bourbon makes me wanna puke. I can appreciate yall's fine bourbon discussion, I enjoy reading it and I also like to hear or read about wines. sorry if off subject, but I saw when yall mentioned wines and I like wines, beer, vodka, some scotch and tekillya.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  ..... and I like wines, beer, vodka, some scotch and tekillya.
                  Jerry, I'll be doing write-ups on some single malt and blended scotches very soon. I have kept the cost of the bottles I review below $40.00 and I have also tried to keep accessability in mind.

Next year, I plan on reviewing various whiskies on the world up to $100 a bottle.

Here is a white wine that'll make me drop me drawers - Perdernales Cellars Viognier

Comment

No , never seen justified . No wonder you can't find PAPPY , all the gangsters have cornored it .

Comment

Ah , Robalo , a misspent youth .... HAR !

Comment

Plugger....http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/18...ky-distillery/

Comment

Holy cow , what a heist . What a gamble to not get caught which they probably will . That's expensive stuff , then when it gets to a fancy pants , upscale steak house , it's $100 a sniffer for a 20 year old PAPPY's . I wonder where they sell it ? Or do the Kentucky red necks sit around with their feet propped up on PAPPY cases and swill it while toking reefers ? I would like to think they did that a wee bit .

Comment

Ok Plugger. I'm out in Colorado on business. Bartender and I are talking craft bourbon and I'm extolling the virtues of Willett (otherwise known as The Answer). He says to me "have you ever tried Pappy Van Winkle " of course I say no. One thing led to another and I have to say, Pappy Van Winkle is a fine bourbon whiskey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

What smoke did ya try? Train Wreck, Purple Sage, Oingo Boingo? which was smoothest and least harsh? http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/ima...lies/rasta.gif
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X