Bastrop Bayou 11/27 7:30am-12:30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bastrop Bayou 11/27 7:30am-12:30

Well after my fishing Bastrop area 101 class w/ Randell Groves last monday I thought it was time to try the area for myself. Boy was this a rude awakening. My father and I put in at the marina and headed out. On the way out aways down the bayou I tried to give a hello fisherman a little courtesy by no waking by his fishing spot with a little distance from him. When I got back on plane I ran into a oyster reef shortly after. Luckly I was able to get off the reef and my low/unit looked ok. This really opened my eyes so watched a few boats run by to get an idea of the route. Now feeling confident I traveled til I was a scattered group of birds working and managed to get one keeper from under them. This was the only group of birds we saw all day. Even no birds were spotted in the Bas. bay. Did see a few spots with bait near the shore but did not hook with anything. The water was a strained/tea color, wind was NW @ 0-5, light out going tide,w/a slight overcast. Did not see other boaters hooking up at all. I did manage 2 rat reds but thats it. I know it takes time to learn a area but what conditions are good for that area and is this the time when the birds stop working around there? Any tips would really be appreciated.

One is better than none Good to hear you made it out with your dad.

Comment

I don't know that area at all, but keep at it and you will figure it out. I know there are a few guys here that can help!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
      X