Quick trip to Jones again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick trip to Jones again.

With the boat still in the driveway and filled with slime from the last trip I made the quick run before the Texans game. Picked up some live shrimp from the boyds moble unit at the Shell station in La Marque.

Heading out the mouth of the bayou was filled with fisherman so I headed out towards the diversionary. Cut the motor to dirft a shallow reef in the open water to find a nice redfish at 24". Kept on drifting in hopes to limit out on reds again but nothing happening.

Cut back over more towards the bayou again in an area that has held fish in the past and picked out 2 trout at 16.5" but continued the drift all the way back into the bayou. Picked out several pickles and rats to keep me interested in the area, but had nothing to put in the box.

Finally made another short drift in the same area to pick out one trout at 15.5" to end the day. Dumped out the rest of my shrimp to come home for the ballgame only to see them giving the game up fast! REALLY FAST AS I TYPE!

Anyway, no pic and have some cleaning up to do after the game. Great day to be on the water and catching fish.

Very nice Kevin.....Good to see you getting out some!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Glad to here you are getting out and catching Kevin.. Keep the reports coming..
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice going. You could have completed the slam easy this time of year.

Comment

Slam was in mind but thought maybe I could score up another red or trout before the game. But the game suxed big time and I hate being a cub fan and a texan fan! But I could not resist the effort of sharing a picture. So after the game I cleaned fish but took a pic first to share.

Comment

Nice Job! Thanks for the report!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report and congratulations on the catch !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice job Kevin

Comment

Working...
                X