Landscaping the front yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landscaping the front yard

Some of my perrenials survived or came back after the freeze but fewer than I had hoped . I had the yard guys clear out the dead stuff . I went and got some rocks , plants , bags of mulch . Just about done with the front . The yellow shrimp plants , red salvia , plumbago , roses , ixora , day Lilly , and some bushes survived the cold . I've been hammering away at it for 2 months on the weekends . But , I can't work all day in the heat like I use to . I put in compact lantana , blue salvia and asiatic Lilly's for the first time .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

The last picture is of annuals by the front door . It's taking some time to load pictures from my phone .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	560836Click image for larger version

Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	560837Click image for larger version

Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	560838

Comment

Ok
        Attached Files

Comment

Coming along
          Attached Files

Comment

Done
            Attached Files

Comment

Of course the new plants will hopefully mature and fill in some of the spaces .

Comment

My back and knees hurt .

Comment

Starting to look like " amen corner" at Augusta National golf course, Henry. Mighty fine work, bro!

Comment

WOW! I'm impressed Henry! Looks great! I guess having your boat in the shop gave you time to earn your keep around the house.
                    Next time I see ya, I'll give you some seeds for BEHIND the house.
                    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Looks really nice, Henry, a lot of work, and less grass to cut, for sure!

Comment

Nice looking plants Henry. Looks like a lot of work, and a green thumb.

Comment

Thanks guys , it was more fun 10 years ago before my get up and go got up and went . HAR! Those beds weren't that big when I bought the house 20 years ago . I didn't fish then , only gardened . I enlarged the beds , put in the metal siding , brought in bagged soil , plants , mulch , some rocks , laid paving rocks from the driveway to the walkway . I did the same in the backyard but had pallets of edging rocks delivered and dry stacked them 2 high for the bed borders . Then placed the soil and plants . I'll take pictures when I get it cleaned up . Now that I fish and am older , it's a burden to maintain . I still enjoy it , but I want to fish and it's hard on the old body . Next year I'll break down and hire someone to break their back while I point and shout .

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                            WOW! I'm impressed Henry! Looks great! I guess having your boat in the shop gave you time to earn your keep around the house.
                            Next time I see ya, I'll give you some seeds for BEHIND the house.
                            Thanks Bro ! But those seeds would have to go to the hydroponic garden in the garage !

Comment

MR . NSA man monitoring the web , I don't really have a hydroponic garden in the garage .

Comment

Working...
                              X