Help me decide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide...

View Mud Buddy mud motor performance features and and upgrades including heads, mufflers, and throttle levers. Find a dealer today.

or

View Mud Buddy mud motor performance features and and upgrades including heads, mufflers, and throttle levers. Find a dealer today.

I've had the FastGrass / QuickGrass system last year and loved it... I think the Shaggy one has a little more backbone to it from installing the QuickGrass however I'd like to see what other opinions are regarding the two and seeing as I'm hunting coastal areas & back marshes...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Both look to be well made blinds with good concealment. Personally, I would go for the fastgrass blind since you be hiding it similar marsh grasses. The Shaggy hunter does look good too and will conceal the boat just fine am just partial to the fast grass. The only downside for the fastgrass material is the fastgrass generally wears out after a few years of hard use, but is easy to replace and realtively cheap.

You may want to llok into the Avery Quickset Blind. I have heard many good things about the Avery Quickset blind and I know many serious duck hunters who use it and claim it to be one of the better blinds on the market today.

I think any one of these blinds will do well, just do some shopping and use your instinct.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I had the fast grass last year and liked it, however the setup mud buddy offered wasn't as up to par as I had hoped... There were some upgrades that I needed to take care of, but the setup I'll be working with on the new boat addresses all those so I'm torn...

Comment

Also, my friend has a Cabela's Northern Flight Blind onhis boat and it is a very nice blind, but he is wanting to upgrade to a Quick Set. He said they are a more user friendly blind overall. For what its worth. Good luck.

Matt
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

another link to avery's website with some more info and pictures.

You can get this blind with just camo netting or with fastgrass or killer weed kits for a 3-D look (which I would recommend)

Semper Fi!

Comment

I'm leaning more towads the shaggy pro and using some of the killer weed kits to add 3-d look and feel depending upon hunting situation... A fastgrass blind would stick out in timber...

Comment

You hunt in timber?? Where at, I didnt know that timber was in the equation.

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
                You hunt in timber?? Where at, I didnt know that timber was in the equation.

I have a few friends that live in LA and some more that live in KY... Have to be able to be versatile...

I spoke with Kyle over at Gator-Tail yesterday... Decided to have them put on my Blind there.. There blinds require no drilling which sold me instantly.. The fewer number of holes I have to drill the better... Also decided to extend the grab rail all the way down sides of the boats. This will allow places to tie down Dekes on the front and also will prevent me from having to drill cleates on the boat.

Comment

Yeah, I prefer not to prill holes to mount anything. Any blind will do, and it is always nice to have one from the same manufacturer as the boat and have them install it. Makes it easy and almost for sure a good fit and finish. I am looking forward to seeing your rig.

Semper Fi!

Comment

You and I both!! 2-3 weeks

Comment

Working...
                    X