Cobia & a Hammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobia & a Hammer

Went just a mile out of the pass yesterday. Awesome clear green water. Had a cobia come up in my slick and hang out behind the boat so I pitched a ladyfish chunk to it. So cool to watch it take it and eat it in that clear water. Fun fight. Ended up being 38". My first ling. I decided to release it though. Caught a few small sharpnose and blacktip sharks. Then we got a surprise. A 6ft Great Hammerhead came up and circled the boat. We were so excited, I've been wanting to get a hammerhead for a long time. An awesome catch for an avid shark fisherman. Pitched a Ladyfish half to it and off he went. Almost spooled me then dropped it. He did this several more times over the next couple hours. Picking up my baits, running to the point of almost stripping me and then dropping it. If we hadn't chased him, he would've taken all of my line. Of course it figures he would only hit my lighter setups and not my 6/0. Can't imagine the fight anglers get from hammers twice this size. Unfortunately the seas picked up so I decided to head in. Also unfortunately, we thought we were taking video of it when it was swimming around the boat but it was on picture mode, so the only pic we got is hard to make out. But an awesome day none the less. Two firsts and it was also my friend's first time out there and he really enjoyed it.
    Attached Files
    You never know what the tide might bring

Smiles say it all!!!
    Good trip!!
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

That's great! Glad you had fun!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Water looks nice. Great report!!

Comment

Nice feesch! WTG!!! Thanks for the details and pix.
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Working...
            X