Seabrook 11/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seabrook 11/29

Started off very good. Had 2 (18" and 19") solid trout on the stringer early and everyone else out there was catching also. First trout took the plastic about 2' from the yak only about an inch from the top of the water. I switched to tops and had a couple little blowups but nothing held on. Then it just died. The only way I could drum up a bite was dragging it really slow on the bottom. I could feel the bump and some solid weight, but I could not hook up. I tried setting the hook fast, but it was not fast enough. I tried letting it take it a while and I even tried letting it take it a long time. Nothing worked. It is almost like once it felt the tension from the rod the fish would drop it. I even tried switching to a 16th oz head and that still did not work. I could tell they were solid fish because of the weight, but it was like they were just picking it up and swimming a little then dropping it right away. Any ideas? I did not take a picture because I gave them to a family on 2nd street.

Get closer to the other fishermen with bent rods.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

lol I had fish guy. Nobody was having any luck when the bite slowed down. Wish you had been there with your dead shrimp. They might have held on to that.

Comment

Try live instead of the dead shimp......lol
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

switch to double drop leaders and smaller treble hooks

Comment

I was fishing artificial.....Jerks. That is why I wish I had Mike there with his dead squid and shrimp.

Comment

Use a #4 treble, 6 oz. lead weight and Zebco R&R. Mike told me that is the "trick"-you knock 'em out with the weight and then just snag 'em like during the freeze of '83!!!!

No bait needed!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                I was fishing artificial.....Jerks. That is why I wish I had Mike there with his dead squid and shrimp.
                I knew that we should have gotten a pic of your bait bucket tangled in our anchor rope.
                Last edited by 007; November 30, 2009, 05:53 PM. Reason: FP10 is a potlickin moron....quit editing my posts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  switch to double drop leaders and smaller treble hooks
                  shhhh Mr terminal tackles in the house
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Jeremy, thanks for the report. At least you went out and gave it a shot. The weather was not the best yesterday, so not bad out there.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

nice report....don't let all them baitchunker use the bait and switch on you
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Speaking of bait chunkers. Have you guys seen the new shrimping net on the back of 007's boat??

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                          Speaking of bait chunkers. Have you guys seen the new shrimping net on the back of 007's boat??
                          Where would I put it?

And can I use your shrimping liscense?

Comment

Any day fishing even in the weather that we had catch or not is better than working in it. Atleast you got two.

Comment

just wish I could have nailed some of those big ones

Comment

Working...
                              X