Hook Spit Performance Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook Spit Performance Rods

I am getting one of these. Has anyone on here tried them?

Beandaddy

I like mine. About to get another, custom made.

Comment

I've heard they're good but never tried one.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I have one .. Wader LT . Excellent rods . I highly recommend them especially for the price .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Just curious - what is different about them and why do you like them? May be in the market for a new rod...

Comment

There's nothing really different about the rods themselves. They're the latest, and greatest to hit the market. Most rods will work fine for most people. Premium rods, $250 and up, are all light, built on good graphite blanks, and have one of about three kinds of eyes, reel seats, and handles. The difference will be in customer service and warranties.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks-I'll check them out. Never have held a rod that cost that much...

Comment

I paid 160 for mine. Can twitch my plastics all day without tiring out my wrist and arm. Super light and sensitive. Excellent hook-up and landing ratio. Jmo

Comment

Quality components ....visit the store and ask about their rods . The store has quality fishing gear and lures too .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Getting mine in 2 weeks. 7' Med. Light action, full cork. With My name on it!! I have to stay out of there for a while. They have too many goodies in there.
                    Beandaddy

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                      I paid 160 for mine. Can twitch my plastics all day without tiring out my wrist and arm. Super light and sensitive. Excellent hook-up and landing ratio. Jmo
                      Most rod makers have two grades of rods, the $250. & up are custom and built on better blanks than the $160 & down. Many manufacturers actually have those made in China. They're made on good blanks and have decent components, it's just cheaper to do it there and pay shipping.
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I'm pretty sure a young man working there built mine. I'll double check when I see him in a few days. I do agree " made in america" is from days gone by.

Comment

I think Sisco kid knows a lot more about these rods than I do. Maybe he'll shed some light on the blank, components, etc.

Comment

Speaking with them , those blanks are as good as any . Yeah , Don may shed some light on it . Good choice BEANDADDY .

Comment

Working...
                            X