Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations?

Fishing this Sunday night with my kids off a pier across from South Deer Island. I've fished there twice, in July both times, when live shrimp are working it's great, but when they're not, there are a couple of lures that my neighbors will kill with while I'm just throwing shrimp back.

Any ideas? I think some sort of clear, soft plastic has worked.

I like lil fishes in white/red tail or mullet pattern, or speck rigs with two drops and small shrimp or worms.
    Attached Files
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks, Cap. Kenny.

Comment

Nice advice, kenny. I haven't seen that little fish since I raided sawdust tackle box 15 years ago.

Comment

Lures is a persons choice. What works for one, might not work for someone else. Like it was said here before, presentation, depth, speed. I like throwing Zoom super fluke watermelon/red, H&H queen cocahoe chartreuse/glow, CAL rootbeer/glow, TTK morning glory. These work for me. I use a 1/4oz jig head. Tie direct, no shock or steel leaders. Talk to the people I've fish with. I have a different way of fishing. I've taught them, and are catching fish. Not saying my style is the best, all I'm saying is it works for me. Everybody has their own style that works for them. Need to find your own style. Pick up something from everybody here, then put all together and create your own style that works for you. Hope this helps. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
          X