Opti Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opti Camp

Well last week while everyone was fishing, I was sitting down in Clear Lake watching my youngest, Jillian, finish up Sailing Camp.
    This was her second year sailing Opti's, so next year she will learn to handle the Laser.
    She is the one on the Tiller, and her cousin, Berkeley, is along for the ride.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-20-14 OPTI Parade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	575413

The parade this year had 38 Opti's out in front of LYC. Pretty cool spectacle watching all of these little ones handles these sailboats in 15 knot winds.
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Nice! This was Annie's first year in sailing class at the Galveston boat club. Now I need to buy a sailboat!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

This one fits niceley in the garage Bruce. You can usually find a used Opti for the price of used kayak.
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

looks like fun for children!! What a great program!!
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by FishinAddiction View Post
          This one fits niceley in the garage Bruce. You can usually find a used Opti for the price of used kayak.
          Thanks for the info. I'll probably hunt down a used sunfish or sailfish. They have great storage for them at the GBC and Offats is usually a nice place to sail.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

That's awesome fellas! Wish I'd learned to sail. If it ain't got a motor, i ain't going.

Comment

We had a friend that kept a 26ftr in Glaveston and we went several times. I learned that if the wind don't blow, you don't go! Looks like the kiddos had lots of fun, good deal!

Comment

Wow , way cool ! I think it's great to have her learn a skill like that . You guys sail obviously and she'll be a fine first mate before you know it .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X