Fishing gloves - any recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing gloves - any recommendations

Looking for some fingerless fishing gloves, any suggestions? Academy did not have anything. Would FTU?
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

I bought a couple of pairs of cheap neoprenes made by Texas Slam and they work pretty well. I am pretty sure I got them at academy last year.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

i just bought a pair of those tx slams from academy here in gtown thursday
      Captain Glenn Stevens
      Coastal Guide Service
      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Weightlifting gloves are allright for paddling but suck for casting what dept in the academy are they in looked for some friday couldn't find at the one in webester
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I would recommend fingerless gloves with a rubber palm pad and a flip over mit cover.
          I have some and the mitts are invaluable when your fingers get really cold and have to warm them up. Plus it keeps your non throwing hand fingers warm.
          Wish I could tell you where I got them. They are camo.

Comment

Thanks for all the information. I went online and found a company that makes so good ones (I hope for the price). Has anyone bought these before or know anyone who has?

Glacier Outdoor began with Glacier Glove, the world's best fishing gloves Glacier expanded into high quality hunting gloves for and sun protection gloves and headwear. Glacier is known for quality, functional dexterity, and comfort. Outdoor enthusiasts around the world chose Glacier products for all weather conditions.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I think mine were $10/pr and about the same as those. They look good though.
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Chip, I just could not find any at Academy. I will try FTU when I drive by there this week.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

bought some of those tx slam gloves last week also.. i found them in the fishing dept. where the fillet knives are
                  Boats and hoes.

Comment

I wore a pair of the tx slam saterday.They have a slit in the thumb and trigger finger.Hands stayed warm exept the thumb that I had sticking out the slit.Neoprene is best if you wade.You get water in'm and your hands will still stay warm,By the fillet knives like caz said.
                    Last edited by fuzzy; December 7, 2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Well, I broke down and bought a pair from Glacier. Talked to a sales guy and they seem to be really good, time will tell. For $ 40.00 they better keep me warm all over if you know what I mean
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Despite the bad reviews that these recieved on this website link, I'm here to tell you they did me well on a fly trip I took in Breckinridge Colorado 3 years ago...in the dead of Winter. I've been using them down here for the last 2 Winters and have'nt got a problem with them. Here's what I like...they are designed for snowmobile riding so they are pretty good at blocking the wind out. Especially if your behind a console. They are very flexible, so much so, that you can move your fingers and they grip the reel handle as well as the reel very well. I can actually fish with them on...no problem. They aren't waterproof, but spray them with a can of that waterproof spray and they work pretty good. If you dunk your hand it will get wet. Any protection is better than nothing though.
                        Just my .02, and to give you an idea of how cold it was when I went, we had to break ice off the rod eyes every 3rd cast. We fished for 3 hours and my hands took it because of these gloves.
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Monte, thanks for the information. The pair that I bought the guy said if I plan on putting my hand in the water a lot these are the best to get. Time will tell!
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                            Monte, thanks for the information. The pair that I bought the guy said if I plan on putting my hand in the water a lot these are the best to get. Time will tell!
                            Looked at them on the Inet and they look pretty good. Let us know how they do.
                            Don't be a Nancy!
                            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                            X