12-5-09 clear lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-5-09 clear lake

Got to Clear Lake at 9:30 AM. Wind was NE, SE, E 3-7 so says Scholes Field log, but it seems it picked up more than that. Air 46 degrees tops, water surface 48 degrees, beach water 62 degrees, sunny then partly cloudy. Water was brown with 3 " visibility. Slight incoming early then outgoing in the afternoon. Met up with RTOLER. Second pic of him he was pondering where to find fish.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

REELTIME met me there, also, and scratched out a 20 " red. Later he told me he had an about 25 " trout lost at the side of the yak with a final head shake. He was sobbing inconsolably. But seriously, we all that grief. Darn.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Continued

Also met up with KEY LIME KAYAKER - in the first pic right before he clubbed me with his paddle. Actually, it's one of his better pictures. The media hounds are after him. Then our much more friendly pal , Carl. Carl actually landed a 19 " trout on a tough day.
      Attached Files

Comment

Continued

We wandered far and wide. Boaters came and left , but I observed no catches.
        Attached Files

Comment

Continued

I showed REELTIME other's boats, then mine last. Mine has satellite.
          Attached Files

Comment

Continued

Everyone left by 3 PM and I think REELTIME was still upset about loosing that trout as before he left he signaled me to use my thumb to stick it up my... oh, we'll let it slip. I carried on by going up a home canal, but found only more brown water and no fish.
            Attached Files

Comment

END

Getting towards twilight, I saw about 100 gulls on the water and thought my luck was about to change, but I didn't get a bump. I passed a die hard coming in. Not a very interesting report. Wish I had more fish to show. We'll hammer'em next time.
              Attached Files

Comment

thanks plugger...i was strappin lights to the whaler for the boat parade!!
                good day on the water....
                Captain Glenn Stevens
                Coastal Guide Service
                www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Actually, that was probably one of your "best" trips. Just kidding...
                  not really! Those who live by the sword, die by the sword...think about it.
                  Bwaaaa...hahahaaaaa
                  p.s. It was still good to see you. Maybe next time you won't be under so much pressure.

Comment

Good pics Plugger looks like alot showed up and alot had fun,Good fishing guys.
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good Pics plugger! Glad you guys didn't freeze to death! Like the satellite upgrade there on your yacht!
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Plugger, I think you take pictures more then you fish Seriously, thanks for the great reports and pics, I always enough.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

had a good time plugger lets do it again.......next time i want more photos of me it was a cold day on notso clear lake
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great reports and pics again Plugger. Thanks. You are a Die-Hard yakster!! Keep em coming!
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Another good yak report. Wish y'all would have found more fish, but like they say it had to be better than working!
                              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                              X