Trout On Tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout On Tops

I fished a S. shore cove this morning and caught six trout to four pounds from 7:00-8:30. Good water movement and lots of schooling finger mullet. Keying on the flipping mullet was the key. Bone Super Spook jr. & blk/chrm/wht Skitterwalk did the job.
    Saturday we fished the N. shoreline and the tide was super high which seemed to scatter the fish. It was on the slow side with a few decent trout and one nice redfish on a bone SS jr.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice report Kenny, I didn't throw top water today maybe that's what we did wrong...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I love fishing topwaters, they are a lot of fun and usually pretty consistant for me. Good job Kenny.
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
        I fished a S. shore cove this morning and caught six trout to four pounds from 7:00-8:30. Good water movement and lots of schooling finger mullet. Keying on the flipping mullet was the key. Bone Super Spook jr. & blk/chrm/wht Skitterwalk did the job.
        Saturday we fished the N. shoreline and the tide was super high which seemed to scatter the fish. It was on the slow side with a few decent trout and one nice redfish on a bone SS jr.

Seen y'all down there Saturday, but didn't want to move in on yeah. I had one nice hookup on Mecom's right after talking with you, but trout spit the top secret topwater back at me on the sling in the boat...then it shutdown.
        Managed another trout later and had a monster strike off Confederate that cut me off.

Glad you found a pattern today because it ws tough yesterday. That North shoreline sure looked pretty though...looks like the grass is coming back nicely!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
        X