Eagle River, CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle River, CO

The Eagle is on fire lately. I've been hammering the trout all morning until mid afternoon. Caddis hatch is going off using emerger patterns, rainbow warriors and some midges. They have been my go to patterns lately. I wish I had some good photos but I was more concerned with not injuring the fish and having a successful release. Dad and I were able to get out last Sunday before he had to head back to Houston. I'm headed back tomorrow and am already missing it.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nice way to beat the heat and humidity and get some variety in your catch. I would have had to keep a couple though. Freshwater trout (not the stocked pellet-eating white-meat trouttards they put in here) cooked over a campfire by the river they were caught in hours earlier are about as good as it gets.

Comment

I'm jealous! Have a safe trip home.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Nice! I was just up there but didn't get to fish
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I was just up fishing the Eagle last week. Caught a dozen on a morning drift. Mixed evenly browns and rainbows. The brown went to 19".

Comment

I'm headed to Durango in about a week. I'll try and get some photos while out stalking the trouts. Nice photos Coe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Looks ideal . Beautiful .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Very nice
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Sounds nice and love the pics.

Comment

Sweet!!! My last couple of trip up to CO have been too busy to get in any fishing. I hate business trips that don't allow for fishing time!!!
                    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                    X