Thanksgiving in Dilley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving in Dilley

Went down to Dilley over Thanksgiving with the family to my brothers lease. Got two doe for the freezer and my nephew put the hammer down on a nice management 8 point. We saw lots of trophy deer, but not quite ready to be taken. Blind 13 had a beautiful 11 point that may score next year.

Last edited by Mell Wader; December 7, 2009, 11:20 AM.

Way to go Albert! Where are the pics of the Bass?
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Wow...how many pounds of corn does that feeder hold? and how do they load it? nice looking buck.(s)

the legs on that thing look stable enough that livestock nor hogs could knock it over even though I see the field fence (cattle panel)around it. We're starting to slowly fence our place (with field fence) in with that on the perimeter in an attempt to control hogs.
      Last edited by JT; December 7, 2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Albert let me know if I can buy some jalapeno cheese venison... better yet if you can point me to a place close to us I want to pick some up for my freezer! Just don't have a place to shoot a deer. Don't game processors sell to the general public like that? (despite not bringing in a deer)
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Albert let me know if I can buy some jalapeno cheese venison... better yet if you can point me to a place close to us I want to pick some up for my freezer! Just don't have a place to shoot a deer. Don't game processors sell to the general public like that? (despite not bringing in a deer)
          I got you coverd Coe next trip to cotulla your in ,only bad thing is i can only let you shoot does and spikes.
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice deer Mell wader,that one sure is the big boy.I hunt right down the road from you in Cotulla.

Comment

Coe, if I go back I'll try to bag you a doe. I get my deer done at Bellville meat market and I know theyt don't sell venison to the public. Unfortunately, I get most of my deer made into hamburger. lurefisher, where is your lease in Cotulla?
              JT that feeder holds one half ton of corn.

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                I got you coverd Coe next trip to cotulla your in ,only bad thing is i can only let you shoot does and spikes.
                I don't mind shooting a doe. I just want some meat.

Sorry to hijack Albert...

Whose the best processor around our parts? I heard Midway or we used to use them back when I actually went deer hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by MELL WADER View Post
                  Coe, if I go back I'll try to bag you a doe. I get my deer done at Bellville meat market and I know theyt don't sell venison to the public. Unfortunately, I get most of my deer made into hamburger. lurefisher, where is your lease in Cotulla?
                  JT that feeder holds one half ton of corn.
                  Do you no where the chevron with the mickey d's is ,You head out that way and when the road has a little fork to the right, it is down in there.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                    the legs on that thing look stable enough that livestock nor hogs could knock it over even though I see the field fence (cattle panel)around it. We're starting to slowly fence our place (with field fence) in with that on the perimeter in an attempt to control hogs.
                    our place has a chainlink fence buried 2 foot in the ground to keep out those rascals
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

and good looking buck mell. we have a place down the road from you too between Dilley and Millett. There are some big deer in the area
                      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                        Im going friday I will bring ya back some venison.I like vinceks for my sausage..... nice deer Albert
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Way to go Albert Nice pictures and a good meat hunt..

Comment

Working...
                          X