Wade Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Assault

Picked up 007 mid morning around 10AM made our way down to SLP and fished the south shoreline. Water clarity was great. We waded and grinded it out for a good 3 1/2 hours. Fished all artifishual. Had some good hits saw some reds tailing in front of us numerous times. I hooked up with a nice flattie as we were about to net her she got off, which was fine we agreed to release all fish we caught for the day hours before anyways.

We waded almost 2 miles we figured. We loaded back up and cruised over to Beach Bum Bailey's place and caught some fingerling mullet and hit the surf.

007 fished on the 1st sand bar and hooked up with a nice 18 1/2" trout 2.5 LBS free lining the fingerling mullet. We enjoyed the rest of the evening having a few cold ones by the waters edge.

Bailey kept the trout for dinner nothing like fresh fish only an hour out of the gulf

Here are some photos...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nice job guys. Wish I could have joined but gotta pay the bills somehow. Hopefully the weather stays nice for a couple more weeks when I get off and can make a few trips out.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Guess this high pressure got em lock jawwed...still looked like y'all had some fun. Maybe nexttime I can get away to go.

Mike you go wading with me, you ain't taking that big arse net...I'm gonna show you how to snatch em.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
        Guess this high pressure got em lock jawwed...still looked like y'all had some fun. Maybe nexttime I can get away to go.

Mike you go wading with me, you ain't taking that big arse net...I'm gonna show you how to snatch em.
        Never even used it. Return your messages every once in a while. Coe.....the fish were there, we just decided to fish with artis instead livies. Still had a great time.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          Never even used it. Return your messages every once in a while. Coe.....the fish were there, we just decided to fish with artis instead livies. Still had a great time.

Thats what everyone says. Didn't get it until today, but it wouldn't mattered...I had stuff going on with the wife, and that took precedence over fishing with the guy's...go figure!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Yah, we opted not to use fingerling mullet and go straight artifishual... I had a few flounder chasing my jig
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That water looks great. I need to get back down soon for some wade fishing. We saw some birds working near the pass Friday before the sun went down.

Comment

Working...
              X