468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 hour service on VMAX 150 HPDI - how much should it cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 hour service on VMAX 150 HPDI - how much should it cost?

This might be an open ended questions, but has anyone out there had their 50 hour service done on a VMAX HPDI 150HP? Is so, what did you pay?

By the way, I had no clue how many hours I had on the engine, but I guessed and thought I had to be around 50 hours if we fish 2-3 times per week.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Call Meek's OUtboard service in Kemah and tell them that you are a friend of mine. Time to get it in their shop may be slow but service is second to none!!!! Talk to Steve, he is the owner now. Great tech who worked for John Meeks for many years along with Roger. They have never let me down. don't know the cost of the service but probably under 200. I know that they change the gear case lube and runa series of diagnostics. # is 281-535-9206.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Meeks definately has quality service, they have never let us down.
      Boats and hoes.

Comment

Meeks has good service have not needed to take ours in to them since John left. Schedule an appointment at least that's how it was when I was taking our boat over there.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback!
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Mike, you made an outstanding choice of motors. Yamaha rarely lets anyone down. My first was attached to a mid 80's Hewes bonfisher that we bought from a guide friend down in the Keys. when we bought the boat, motor was well beyond 1000 hours and then my uncle guided out of it when he had more than one guy or someone who wouldn't do well on his little boat. by the time I got the boat to Texas, motor was over 2000 hours for sure and ran like a top until I sold it in 2000. The other two boats had a VMax 150 careurated and 175 carbeurated, Only trouble ever was cold starts in the winter, can't say that about a fuel injected motor. That issue is one for the history books..

Comment

exp21 and any of you ....

If you call Stone and sons Marine, and ask for outboard Jack (owner), tell him I told you to call, and ask him any question on pricing or on how much something like that should cost.
              He has been in business for 35+ years and knows his stuff on all makes and models.

He is a friend (even stood in my wedding), and if you drop my name, either Mudsskipper or Bryan Treadway, he will know to take care of you.

You don't stay in business that long if you are not doing something right....
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Bryan,
                Thanks for the advice.

Steve, I am glad to hear we bought a good motor. I have been very happy with it and plan on using it at least 1,000 hours if not more.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Stone & Sons is darn good. As usual, Bryan has great advice and 'connections". They are fair and do what they say.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

6 on one, half dozen the other. which is closer MiIke and which one can get you in and out the fastest. If MuddSkipper and the others know him, I would take the recomentdation. I dealt with Meeks because they were a block from the house back when I was guiding and had known them for years.

Comment

Working...
                    X