• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got offshore boat dont know where to go

im lookin for something within 35 miles out of galveston could you help
    Itching To Be Fishing!

What size boat are you running?

I run a 22' Robalo and we go out sometimes when the weather is right out 60NM.

I'd be happy to show you some great spots and productive platforms inside the 20-30 NM range we should buddy boat this spring and summer.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

i run a 23 foot with a 225 ocean runner and my family shares boats so i am gettin him a penn 406 for x-mas
      Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

We go out any day with calm water on the weekends in the summer. 1-2' seas are ideal and we'll run out 20 miles and pitch some baits on the rigs I have a few Wahoo spots and some excellent Ling & Snapper spots nothing huge but we can get your 2 real quick if I have to measure I'm venting and tossing back.

Comment

haha i know how to troll for kings and spanish thats about it i try to get stuff off the rigs i need types of big lures and baits that is about it. i like to find my way around to find holes. and my name says only lures but when it comes to offshore you know catch my draft
          Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Get some Rapalas and snapper slappers and some red/white feather trolling baits. King getters also. Cordell rapala knock offs are the best swimming bait I found-green/silver mackeral striped have worked best for me.

Where do you go out of? I always go thru San Luis pass and work the GA 273 to GA 350 blocks and hit a few wrecks (20-40 miles). Water change is the biggest problem I have-last year sucked-blue water stayed pretty far out and almost no weedlines (they were very early and then pretty much gone). Can't stand sharks-mainly try for kings and dorado. Thanks to the complete morons at NMFS and Gulf Council, snapper aint hardly worth it and by time it's open, the commmercials have raped all the close in areas.

I make most all my own leaders since most store stuff comes apart and has cost me some decent fish-I put King buster skirts on 7 strand with sampo swivel and #7 Mustad J Hook and crimped and drift sardines around structure a lot. I use Menhaden oil in a drip along with frozen menhaden in bags and chum like mad. Always look for rips and weeds and of course anything floating. For ling, I try to have live mullet and piggies as well as bucktail jigs tipped with bait and fresh frozen sardines to plop in front of them.

I have a 23' Robalo CC with twin mercs-usually fish within 40 miles-sometimes hit the V.A. Fogg area. Like Coe said, 1-2' seas is preferred-any bigger and ZI use too many pain pills for my aching back!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Buddy Boat

Give me a jingle. Would like to buddy boat out. I run a 21' CC Century w/200 Yamaha. I might be able to get reeltime and plugger to go along......
              Attached Files
              Fishwhisperer

Comment

Ok. We need to do a FWE Group run sometime outta the Pass. My brother has a 22' Grady cuddy and we usually buddy boat it out, but the more the merrier!!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Go ahead and grab Sloan too and we can hit a few places separately and radio on if on the fish or not...Set something up for spring or opening of snapper season...
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd run out of SLP if I wasn't afraid of running aground. I usually always head out through the Jetties... But I also top off with fuel at Yacht Basin

Comment

Oh and if we have more than one boat with us out there I'll be free diving or dropping down at each rig to see what's lurking in the support structures. I'll force Yan to come along too so we can actually see how spear fishing is "properly" done

Comment

Dang WEA, sound like fun, free diving and all. It gives me the chills just thinking If I had the huevos to do that.
                        I would on a dare though!

Only Lures, The TLD25's are not that expensive and work pretty well out there. I bought 1 on ebay a while back and also bought the broom stick and POWER PRO FOR $300. I went out to salvadore ridge with this and had no problems bringing in Kings and a Tuna.

When yall buddy boat, let me know if there is room for 1 more
                        Last edited by PasadenaMan; December 16, 2009, 11:45 AM.
                        NoBama

Comment

Coe:

I'll show ya out SLP when (and if!!!) the weather gets right and right time to fish. It's pretty easy after the first time-that first trip out of the year is always a little scary since bottom changes each year, but after the first trip out, it aint bad.

Comment

I'll force Yan to come along too so we can actually see how spear fishing is "properly" done
                            Gonna have to twist my arm for that one
                            I'm psyched about this summer. Got all the gear rigged up and ready.

Comment

Yea count me in too. Ill buddy up with Only Lures
                              Team P.E.S

Comment

Working...
                              X