waders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waders

where can i find some good shin protectors for a good price?
    Itching To Be Fishing!

Ray guards? Academy or fishing tackle unlimited on gulf freeway
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

X2 - Academy ray guards for $ 35.00 Worth every dollar!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

For $15. more dollars you can get these Wind River brand. A superior product to the rayguards. They come up higher, have a strap under the arch not a piece of elastic, and are much better made. FTU has them.
        http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I use snake boots, lighter and more comfortable than raygaurdz.
          Top of the foot protection too.

I went out with with Capt. Hollis, he said: they took snake boots and tested them, barb didn't go thru. I have always been concerned they wouldn't work. I'll pay any amount for protection and comfort against those evil rays

Comment

I use the rayguards from academy. mine didn't come with a strap for under the shoe. I don't have a problem with them riding up either.

Comment

i have ray gaurd reef boots for 44.99 but there was some whole shin boots but its cheaper to get boots the shin guards.
              Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by only lures View Post
                i have ray gaurd reef boots for 44.99 but there was some whole shin boots but its cheaper to get boots the shin guards.

yes it is. more comfortable too. I hate the ones connected.

Comment

yea i bet i want to get wadin soon down in chocolate bay its murky so i want some shin protecters
                  Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by only lures View Post
                    yea i bet i want to get wadin soon down in chocolate bay its murky so i want some shin protecters
                    Shuffle your feet. It doesn't matter if the water is murky or clear.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

i know but its thos oystera that will catch your shin
                      Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Flats boots for me...no protection. I'm not saying I wont ever get hit, but I haven't yet and been in the water surfing and fishing since at least 1975. I always shuffle my feet, and never ever back step...them little suckas are sneeky that way. They follow your trail thinking its a feeding red kickin up stuff. Bottom line, if it brings you sense of well being, then wear them for sure. I know I'm gonna take some flac over my veiw here...and I'm sure it only takes once!
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

yep i have seen a guy lose his foot trough his boot andhalf his ankle
                          Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                            Flats boots for me...no protection. I'm not saying I wont ever get hit, but I haven't yet and been in the water surfing and fishing since at least 1975. I always shuffle my feet, and never ever back step...them little suckas are sneeky that way. They follow your trail thinking its a feeding red kickin up stuff. Bottom line, if it brings you sense of well being, then wear them for sure. I know I'm gonna take some flac over my veiw here...and I'm sure it only takes once!

I use to not wear anything other than the neo wade shoes. I never got hit but figured my luck would run out soon. Its funny. I didn't start bumping into rays until I started wearing reef boots with the shin guards.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                              Yep, you're a big boy and can do what you want ( think Mike Mc Bride's photos) . I know a guy who didn't wear guards fot 20 years and first time he did, he got popped. I hope you are right.
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X