Saturday out 20 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday out 20 miles

Was bumpy as heck-was reported to be 0-1' seas-yea, right, was 2-4' and chopped-we left at 6:30. My neighbor was going and I was gonna meet up with him. He headed to 272 area-he left his house at 5 am and I went to 303 and south. We drifted and caught a couple of kings, then headed south to a shrimper. Traded a case of beer for about 25#s of fresh shrimp. We caught kings around the shrimper and saw a small ling.

My neighbor called on his radio-turns out my mic wasn't working so we didn't connect. We got back and he said they hooked a sail, said it was tail walking and put on a great show and they got it to about 50' from the boat and line broke-they caught kings also.

On way out I made 12-15 mph, way in was 25 mph. Blue water was at about 15 miles-water was nice, no dorado-did see a couple of small chickens, but they were gone by the time I put a shrimp on.

We caught 3 kings and a spanny. Lost several. All in all, wasn't too bad a day-cloud cover kept us from melting.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

good trip Jerry...sounds like fun
    sigpic

Comment

Way to go Jerry. Always fun to get out there! Did you run out of SLP? We saw some pop up showers on Friday near the GYB.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sounds like a good day!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

sounds like you had a great trip!

Comment

Nice trip ,I would have been sea sick lol!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
              Nice trip ,I would have been sea sick lol!
              Me too
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X