Just Passin Through....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Passin Through....

Haven't been on here much since August or so i guess. Just wanted to stop in, say hello, and i hope everyone's season is going well.

I got back from Canada at the end of October...and let me tell you, i got spoiled beyond belief! I won't bore you with many details...but the hunting was absolutely ridiculous. If you are serious about waterfowling, you owe it to yourself to go up there at least once in your life.

The season here has been weird to say the least. We'll have birds one day and they're gone the next. Not to mention that we really didn't get any kind of weather until the split got here! Always seems to work that way!

I only missed 2 days of the first split, but we've been having to hunt on a lot of public land to stay on the birds. A lot of my private stuff hasn't been holding birds like it normally does. Here's a few pics............i won't bore you with a lot of them.

Last day in Canada...did a fun hunt with another guide and some locals from town. 5 man limit of mallards in about an hour and a half.

Here's a few random shots from the season in Texas.............

"If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

"If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Aqua Pimp and TTU Wader...if y'all are ever up for doing a duck hunt or two please let me know.

I have nothing against taking a couple rookies out.

Comment

Good job bro! Glad to see you still remembered your password

I've seen you posting on other sites and wondered when you'd come back lol
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice pics and welcome back man.. dont be a stranger!!
          Boats and hoes.

Comment

Wow great hunts and pics!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Dayum, very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                Good job bro! Glad to see you still remembered your password

I've seen you posting on other sites and wondered when you'd come back lol
                Are you on the Refuge?

I post over there and raise hell, but don't post many pics over there anymore. Gotta keep all the guys off my trail.

Comment

Great pics GHSmacker and glad you are back!! Sounds like some incredible hunts!!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Hey what's up Travis, good to have you back. Those pictures are awesome, bet it got a lil nippy up there.

Me being a rookie would be a far understatement, but I have a lot of free time coming up so I might have to try this whole duck hunting thing out.

You gonna fish at all this winter or you goin to be occupied with hunting?

Comment

Fishing during hunting season??!! That's just crazy talk...i only have a few months a year to chase the birds, the rest of the year to fish.

I could possibly be persuaded to come down, head down to the coast, hunt in the mornings, and fish in the afternoons. I'd like that actually....

Let me know Alex, you can always come up here and crash and come kill with me for a couple of days. Be prepared though...if i put you on one good duck hunt you may drop that coastal fishing in the winter.

Comment

Haha yeah didn't think you would be intersted but you never know. A little cast and blast sounds fun, never have done it. Once I finish up with school here in the next week I'll let you know what my plans are.

Comment

The question is... do I shoot the ducks coming into my spread or set down the pole with the 26" red on it? Can't I juggle both? Perhaps... I love to cast & blast!
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Looks like you've had some great hunts, WTG!
                            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Ya let me know, i know where to start looking for ducks down there. It's been about 5 years since i've hunted in the salt down there, but i still have an idea.

Coe...put the rod between your legs, shoulder the gun and shoot, put the gun back on the sling, grab the rod, catch the fish, string the fish, pick up your ducks. Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X