X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scents or flavor

do any of yall use sents or flavors for artys
    Itching To Be Fishing!

I have when fishing for unresponsive reds...you know those days when they look and turn away...it does help...I don't use it everytime though unless fishing is slow...
    sigpic

Comment

ok i am thinking in investing in shrimp or crab flavor or scent.
      Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Just buy Gulp if you want scent. I use it for reds and flounder, and sometimes for trout in the winter.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

here's a simple solution that I picked up years ago to help my customers catch more fish. "spike it" the company that makes the tail dip, sells a farlic scent bottle. did in the past anyway. take some of that stuff, it's cheap and goes an extremely long way, add a few drops of Vanilla extract so that you don't choke when around the baits. Each time you buy a bag of tails, add about two or three DROPS! literally!! to the bag and let them soak. A few hours later every tail in the bag will have drawn up the smell and will out produce the tails without the "Juice". It's cheap and easy to make. if you can't find the garilc stuff, buy some garlic powder and the vanilla extract and make it with a lightweight cooking oil like Canola or corn oil. I don't think that the scent is 100% the deal closer, but not having a human scent when they put their nose to the bait is a huge advantage. We don't smell like anything else in the bay systems....
          http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

oh cool that sounds easy thanks alot
            Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

a guy I know buys minced garlic in a jar and puts a spoon full in ever bag of soft plastics he buys.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                a guy I know buys minced garlic in a jar and puts a spoon full in ever bag of soft plastics he buys.
                A friend of mine, who runs a SCB, said he swears by taco seasoning!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Interesting.....May have to try that!

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                  here's a simple solution that I picked up years ago to help my customers catch more fish. "spike it" the company that makes the tail dip, sells a farlic scent bottle. did in the past anyway. take some of that stuff, it's cheap and goes an extremely long way, add a few drops of Vanilla extract so that you don't choke when around the baits. Each time you buy a bag of tails, add about two or three DROPS! literally!! to the bag and let them soak. A few hours later every tail in the bag will have drawn up the smell and will out produce the tails without the "Juice". It's cheap and easy to make. if you can't find the garilc stuff, buy some garlic powder and the vanilla extract and make it with a lightweight cooking oil like Canola or corn oil. I don't think that the scent is 100% the deal closer, but not having a human scent when they put their nose to the bait is a huge advantage. We don't smell like anything else in the bay systems....
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

me to
                    Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

At the next get together, remind me that I have to tell the scent story in public!! It's a great drinking conversation. Should be good for some ROFLMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                        At the next get together, remind me that I have to tell the scent story in public!! It's a great drinking conversation. Should be good for some ROFLMAO!!
                        Can't wait to hear that one.....
                        sigpic

Comment

Take 6 dead shrimp and let them sit in the sun for awhile with a little water. Take one of those flavor injectors you get in a turkey frying kit. suck that nasty stinky juice up and insert it in the *** end of a tout about 3/4 the way up just before where the hook comes out. Squeeze that stuff in as you pull the needle out...now put in a jig head and fish....see what happens.

I did this on a platform I worked in Dickenson Bay, that big one at the mouth between Eagle point and Mose's floodgates. The flounder loved it, caught a limit faster than I ever had before. Was it the shrimp stank or were they just moving...I don't know. What I do know, it took two weeks to get that nasty *** smell off my hands!
                          Don't be a Nancy!
                          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

That nasty smell is where the Vanilla extract comes in, it makes the strong garlic much more tolerable. Scents work!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                              Take 6 dead shrimp and let them sit in the sun for awhile with a little water. Take one of those flavor injectors you get in a turkey frying kit. suck that nasty stinky juice up and insert it in the *** end of a tout about 3/4 the way up just before where the hook comes out. Squeeze that stuff in as you pull the needle out...now put in a jig head and fish....see what happens.

I did this on a platform I worked in Dickenson Bay, that big one at the mouth between Eagle point and Mose's floodgates. The flounder loved it, caught a limit faster than I ever had before. Was it the shrimp stank or were they just moving...I don't know. What I do know, it took two weeks to get that nasty *** smell off my hands!

no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X