12-08-09 X-mas Bay Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-08-09 X-mas Bay Report

I got of work & of to the bay I went...! With my pocket full of different color Brown Lures; I was like a kid in the candy store...! The water was vrey high & cold... But the pressure was 29.85 when I left the plant down from 30.88 the day before... I knew it was on I just had a good feeling...! Well this is what I did; I found the fish schooled up on a point and planted some roots stayed in the same place and caught 5 trout.... Moved down a point and repeated the same thing and caught 5 more...!!! :Ban: I stayed there and caught roughly 20 fish after I had my limit on the same point where it was one after another... Headed back to the truck and caught 10 more fish on the walk back...! If I didn't have to go to work tonight I would have stayed and busted some arse the best I could do today was 21"...? She was there though the conditions were perfecto....
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Good to see that little bay cranking out some fish.

Thanks for the report.

You see any ducks flying around there this morning?
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Keith,
      Where was the call?????? I have been looking outside thru the fog wondering if I should hit the water. Thanks for the report and nice fish!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
        Keith,
        Where was the call?????? I have been looking outside thru the fog wondering if I should hit the water. Thanks for the report and nice fish!
        In the morning same bat time same bat channel....!!!
        Call me 713-857-8784.....

Comment

that's nice.

Comment

Nice!! That Little bay can put up some nice days. Some giants lurking there as well. My only advice is don't expect two days in a row, those fish have a tendancy to pull the dissappearing act.
            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Great report and pics-very nice!!

Glad GHSmacker is back also! Howdy!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                Nice!! That Little bay can put up some nice days. Some giants lurking there as well. My only advice is don't expect two days in a row, those fish have a tendancy to pull the dissappearing act.
                I know thats right....!

Comment

Way to go Keith. Tomorrow may be a bit tougher with the front coming in the morning.

Comment

Nice job Keith!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Little before work excursions can be some of the best...and most tiring. At what plant do you call work Hogie? I'm at Valero Houston on nights myself...sounds like we might be on the same shift if you are on the Dupont schedule.
                        Last edited by FlatoutFishin; December 8, 2009, 07:34 PM.
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

i like x-mas bay it is fun on those reefs huh nice catch i havent been there in a couple months
                          Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                            Little before work excursions can be some of the best...and most tiring. At what plant do you call work Hogie? I'm at Valero Houston on nights myself...sounds like we might be on the same shift if you are on the Dupont schedule.
                            FOF I work for the Calpine Turbine Maintenance Group. My group does all of the major maintenance on the Gas Turbines & Generators in all of the Calpine sites.. We work, 7-12's and I love my nightshifts, no politics on the nightshift.. I'm not much of a politican...

When I was younger I worked maintenance at the Valero plant that you work at.. I worked for Power Tech.. Dennis Kanipa was the maintenance manager when I was working there.. I worked with a guy they called Goat.. My old working partner went to work for that site.. Eric Creel was his name. They wanted to hire me but I wasn't interested in the full time gig there.. The plant seemed to be a little run down and unsafe...

Comment

Thats awesome man.. sweettttt looking stringer!

Comment

Working...
                              X