In the spirit of Duck Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the spirit of Duck Season...

Found a few quotes while dusting of my old books and magazines...

"Waterfowling holds some special magic, something available only from the world of water and wind, of mud stiff with cold, of black dogs and long guns" ~ Michael McIntosh, "Gunning the Grand Passage" (September '01, p.73)

"For the waterfowler who is brave enough to face the elements, there is no season like the late season." ~ Winston March, circa 1910

"If I must chose among the spots that draw me into the open, it will be duck hunting. No other sport with rod or gun holds so much of mystery and drama. The game comes out of the sky." ~ Gordon MacQuarrie, "The Bluebill Died at Dawn." (October '00, p.64)

"High in the sky they make their decision. Wings cup into parachutes; calling slows, then stops. Steadily, majestically, thrillingly, the flock falls out of the sky, each bird maneuvering in the air currents. This act - drawing a flock of geese to a set of decoys - is unquestionably waterfowling's finest moment." ~ Zack Taylor

"A wild duck is not to be valued in terms of food along with chickens and pork chops. It means day breaking over the marshes and the whistle of fast wings in the gray light. Who can put a price on the sight of black ducks climbing over the willows or pintails setting their wings to the decoys?" ~ David M. Newell
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Well said, I love reading quotes and passages from the old timers, especially Gordon MacQuarrie.

You heading out on the 1st?? My first day out wont be until the 6th, but it will be hot and heave from the 6th-18th!! Planning on hunting 4-5 times a week and fishing after the hunt. Going to be doing a lot of running and gunning, moving around, watching the birds work and find some secred hotspots hopefully!! Maybe some fish too if I'm lucky.

Goodluck everyone on Saturday the 1st weather it be Fin, Feather or Fur.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Halloween party Friday night so I am not going Saturday AM...

Unclehandy and Blackbeard will be out hunting in West Bay area...

I might try and make a trip with them Sunday if I'm feeling up to it...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
      X