Lake Houston 8/9/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Houston 8/9/2014

Fished Lake Houston yesterday afternoon between 4:00 and 8:00PM. Water conditions are improving with water above 1960 bridge still a little on the muddy side. Water was much clearer south of 1960, but was really rough due to the winds. There was also an extra dose of pleasure boaters on the lake and some of them are just plain dangerous!!! We had some jackass in a Wake Boat come by us on plane and I could have touched his boat with my rod. There are just some folks that shouldn't be allowed to own or operate a boat.

Sorry I digressed from the report. The bass are still hanging to the edges of creek/river channels if you can find one without a lot of boat traffic. If you can get out there during the week, I bet you could have a good day catching bass. We were able to find on creek channel out of the normal boating lanes and able to pick up a few bass on dark colored Jigs and Cranks. Most were on the small size but there were a few keepers. Here is the biggest on the day.
    Attached Files
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Glad your ok yes it's scary when a boat is coming at , way to go catch them !
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Sorry you had trouble with those jerks.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Surf weight time!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice Derick. Weekends are tough

Comment

Thanks for sharing ! Get after those bass .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks guys!!! We won't ever go back on an afternoon during the weekend.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Holler during the week bro I will bring my surf weight
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

I'd prefer to use a 12ga and slugs on a knothead like that's boat. Surf weights only cause surface damage, I want a complete through and through.....LOL Really, there are just some people that shouldn't be allowed to own a car or a boat....MORONS!!!

Comment

Good job Derek. Any crappie?
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      Good job Derek. Any crappie?
                      We've fished a couple of spots that had fish on them with no bites. With the big baits we are throwing I'm sure a couple of those had to be crappie. I keep forgetting to put my crappie jigs in the boat.

Comment

Working...
                      X