thanks steve_a, big birthday trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks steve_a, big birthday trout

for my last two birthdays, steve has given me a lure which has resulted in an 8 lb, 28 inch trout so i was really looking forward to today's trip. i didn't even tie on a lure, just leader for today's trip.
    i met steve and keith in lake jackson and we went to east matty. we got a late start since the weather was pretty cold and windy. i received two dayglo corkies so tied one on. keith struck first with a brown lure (pink) and strung a beautiful 24 inch fat trout. the bite was slow and steve went to get the boat and i hooked up with the fattest 22 inch trout i've ever seen on a pink corky devil. we went off to the next spot and steve caught a flounder on a corky. the next two spots yielded nothing so we went back to the first place. i caught a small throwback then got THE thump on the pink devil. i set the hook and felt the weight of the fish and thought she was pretty good. she surfaced shaking her head several times and i tried to put the rod down to keep her there but she kept coming up. steve told me to keep the rod up so i did. she was swimming towards me so i really didn't think she was all that big because she didn't pull drag. when she got up to me i lifted the rod and the fish surfaced. i told steve that i had a huge trout and then i started shaking about as much as she did earlier. after about the third try i got her in the net. she had swallowed the devil and the hook was set in her gill and she was bleeding. we weighed her on the boga, 8 lbs even and she went 28 1/4 on the check it stick. i went ahead and strung her and she went belly up later. keith followed her up with another solid 20 inch trout and we called it a day. thanks steve for my 3rd 8 lber. it was great meeting you keith, hope to fish again with you soon.
    sorry about the quality of the pic, this is a brand new camera and i haven't played w/ the settings yet.
    michelle
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; December 11, 2009, 10:35 AM. Reason: Picture dropped out...

Michelle sounds like you are bragging!!! LOL Great write up and report.That is an awesome fish. I wish I could catch 1- 8 lber. 7 1/2 my personal best. My wife bought me a whole pile of corkies for my birthday back in august. time to get them wet. Thats a great picture also. Should easily make the homepage.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Awesome trout Michelle. Way to go Steve, Keith and Michelle.....Happy birthday!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Have you stop shaking yet Michelle? Great job on landing her.

Comment

That's an awesome story, nice job Michelle and Steve. Great fish and great pick!

Hey steve, My birhtday is in August and I haven't fished East Matty nearly enough in the last few years.
          http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

That's a beaut...both of y'all!

Hmmmm...I vaguelly recognize that back ground!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I love it when i hear about friends getting the trout shake

I love that feeling.. Don't have it near enough, but still love it each time i get them..

Good job Michelle
              Capt. Thomas Barlow
              281-827-6815
              www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Wow that is an awesome fish Michelle! Congrats!

Comment

I'd still be shaking, congrats

Comment

WOW, Great Trout!

Comment

Very nice Michelle.Big Congrats!Happy Birthday too.
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Beautiful fish and happy birthday!
                        sigpic

Comment

Great story...where'd the pic go?

Comment

I cannot see pic???

Comment

28" & 8lbs... nice fish, congrats. Let's see the pics.
                              Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X