Windy windy windy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy windy windy

What a tough one today. Left the 2004 Bridge about 615 and headed into West Bay. Wind gusting to 25 knots early and West Bay was rolling . Made one wade near Alligator Point but only scratched out 1 16" Trout. Moved up around New Bayou next where I found some fishable water. I scratched out 1 limit of Reds to 27" pretty quick but I just couldn't get the Flounder to cooperate to well. I had a couple of them on but all but one pulled off. Plenty of Flounder holding on the east and west side of New Bayou. Reds caught on plum/white 4" Flapp'n Shads in 6 to 10" of water (sight casting).
    These northerly winds have finally pushed the tides out below normal. Once these winds die we should be in for some really great fall action.
    Off the water at 200 with 4 Reds, 3 Trout, 1 Flounder, and a fantastic plate of wings and beer for the guys that worked thier arses off today LOL.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Good report AP, those are my usual stomping grounds so I am glad to see they are holding a few fish.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Nice report for a windy day. Way to stay with it.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Did you wade or di you stay in the boat ?
        FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

thanks ya'll

You know me, I hate fish'n in the boat LOL. Waded both sides of New Bayou. On the West side I waded from New Bayou all the way past the rocks all the way to the point. I bet I seen 40 Flounder smoke trails LOL. gonna go stab 10 of them tonight!!!!

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice catching in tough conditions,Congrats
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
            X