12-13 09 West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-13 09 West Bay

Met up with REELTIME and GREENTIDE Sunday with my boat at Sea Isle boat launch at 8:30 AM. Wind was WNW to 6 MPH, to calm, to ESE 7 MPH, FOGGY, beach water 61 degrees, water trout green, air temp in mid 60's. Headed out to a spot on the North shore line with an outgoing tide. Mainly sand bottom dropping off to maybe 5 feet of mud bottom. I was throwing a super spook jr. and soon had a 16 " trout on and strung. Put on a corky hologram, silver flash side, black back. They loved it . I started catching fish almost every cast. REELTIME and GREENTIDE were a little farther away in shallower water getting a trout now and again. Reeltime caught about 4 rat reds. Once they moved to the deeper mud where I was , it was on. When netting my third fish, my net handle broke. Not from the weight of the fish- shucks- but from years of use.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Great job...nice pics
    sigpic

Comment

Continued

We were in the right place at the right time. I picked the spot on a tip and I came off the hero instead of a zero. They were throwing plastics and corky's. most fish were 15 " to 18 " and an odd 20 ". The little bigger trout were caught soon after arriving around 9: 30 AM, then got smaller . I wish we had gotten there earlier. Some were too small to keep. But we had a blast non- stop catching.
      Attached Files
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Continued

I picked up a decent flounder as well. I kept trying to get a picture of my boat , but REELTIME kept moving over to get in the picture to ruin it. I had my 10 trout limit and started fooling around with different colors and plugs to see how they did. Even caught s nice mullet.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great report and pics Plugger and team troutslayer!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Continued

There were other boaters and waders around but our spot was the place to be. For those counting, I got my 10 trout first while the guys were still working on theirs and they said go ahead and string that 11 th fish. I started catch and release after that as they were on their 5 or 6 fish and still reeling them in and evident they would reach a limit. They too caught and released more than their limit of legal trout. We took a lunch break leaving them biting and decided to go to a bayou REELTIME recommended for reds.
            Attached Files

Comment

Continued

The guy's stringers.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice job! I have been wanting to get over to the nshore but with this fog I've decided to hold off. Might check it out tomorrow.

Comment

Continued

At the bayou we fished for reds.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Continued

We caught a couple of rat reds, but caught more keeper trout to be released.
                    Attached Files

Comment

END

It was foggy ALL DAY and running back looked like this fore and aft. Glad to be back at around 4: 30 PM with a great day of fishing behind us. No real big trout, but plenty of fun catching !
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice report and pics Plugger.

David, when are we going to fish again? It was nice fishing with you a few months ago.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

BTW, nice rig!
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

You guys stay out of my bayou.......There are no fish in there! Chris wasn't supposed to reveal my spots....lol
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice job guys...looks yall had a big time
                              Captain Glenn Stevens
                              Coastal Guide Service
                              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                              X