Favorite places to put in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite places to put in

Driving down from Houston, my two usual spots that I launch the yak from are the Texas City Dike or 8 Mile Rd. They aren't necessarily my favorite spots, but they are easier on driving miles and on time in the truck. I was wondering where some of you guys put in comming from the same area. I noticed that a bunch of ya'll put in around the clear lake area. Where do you launch from when you do that?

really the lagoon off toddville is the only placed ive launched in clear lake and this time of year fishing the channel across from 3 amigos can produce some nice fish.. summer time early morning on the bay side fishing around all the pilings has been good to me.. a few other spots i like to launch at a little ways down is the boat ramp infront of Noahs Ark in Bacliff, Eagle Point boat ramp to fish redfish island (its a pretty good paddle that can get rough so i suggest to go with someone the first few times you go), the bridge off 146 into Moses Lake, and then probably my favorite area to fish is Dickinson Bayou.. for dickinson bayou you can either launch under the bridge at the ramp, or there is a rv park back near hillmans where there is dirt road that will bring you right out to the water..
    Boats and hoes.

Comment

my back yard Seriously, for west bay I hear Sportmans Road.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

If I said where my favorite place to put in was, I'd have to give myself an infraction.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Thanks for the input caz. I'll be sure and check those out.

Comment

offats bayou is a great place during this time of year...easy to launch ur kayak there..If I said where my favorite place to put in was, I'd have to give myself an infraction exactly what 007 thinks lol

Comment

punch up the google earth map site on FWE and you will see the boatramp on nasa rd or under the kemah bridge on 146 for clear lake. i put in alot around my hood.
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Go down Toddville Rd and make a right into El Jardin subdivision. Go all the way to the park and put in there. If you go out to Red Bluff point(or the left), be careful of ship wakes. Some good area all down that shoreline.
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

yea flatoutfishin got it right...some good area to fish!

Comment

dont think too many people going to reply to this post, they dont want to give out location. I usualy put in 8 mile rd or 99th st (good launch for offats). Only gone to Jardine once to wade, but no luck. Also put in 12 mile, and sportsman, and State Park!

Comment

Ya'll tell me all yours... I'll get back with mine later

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                        Ya'll tell me all yours... I'll get back with mine later
                        I'm with Yan, y'all keep naming them and I'll let you know if you missed any..........
                        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I said it's a good spot....I didn't say it was MY great spot!
                          Don't be a Nancy!
                          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Okay kids...everybody settle down...I wasn't asking for the secret of life here...just a couple of fishing holes...plus you shouldn't be worried about naming the spot because its the work done on the other side of the line that hooks and lands the fish right...

Comment

Go to TKF and look for Ray Crawford aka FlyFisher and get his book He has several for wading or kayaking the Galveston and mid coast areas.

Cutrate may still carry it. They run out all the time. Probably 120 places or such.

Comment

Working...
                              X