Mirrolure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrolure

Has anyone seen this one? I have no idea how this landed in my tackle box. I wonder how old it is, i've never seen another one like it.

On the bottom it says S52 MR CHG

Comment

I have never seen one before. Try it out and let us know how it does.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

That's the one I lost during Ike that I let you put in your tackle box for safe keeping
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          That's the one I lost during Ike that I let you put in your tackle box for safe keeping
          O it is huh? OK, I'll make sure it stays safe

Expl21- I don't think I'm going to fish with it, I would be too afraid of getting hung up on shell or breaking it off on a fish.

Comment

ttu wader..are you back in galv?

Comment

I have been, Im actually in houston at the moment because I have a dentist appt. Should be down there by the weekend. I sent you a pm the other day, did you get it?

Comment

if i did i forgot what it said. send it again plse

Comment

That was in the 90's, Mirr-O-lures attempt at a more or less weedless version of the 7M, Didn't sell very well, so it's gone to my knowledge. It's even hard to find a standard 7M these days. Everyone has gone to the "dogs", spooks, and other walking baits. surface twitch baits are becoming a forgotten part of Saltwater fishing history.
                  Oh yeah, they also marketed this as a catch and release version. Strangest thing but a lot of Florida anglers don't like the kill all thing that we have going here in Texas and Louisianna.

OOOOPPPPSSS!! just read the bottom where the stamp clearly says 52, That's a catch and release sinker. I would just opt for the trebles. I have fished those but the fact that the single hook is pinned to the body makes them less effective at holding fish. They couldn't get their mouths behind the hook. I promise you that you rcould scratch that thing up severely with trout bites but wouldn't have to many on the string to show for the effort. Keep it for your nostalgia collection.
                  http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I got about 10 of those off ebay mixed in with various dogs.
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I have fished those but the fact that the single hook is pinned to the body makes them less effective at holding fish
                      Does seem like that. With the hook in a fixed position, the fish can use the weight of the lure to lever it and shake it out.

Comment

That is one good lure in the surf ,kinda like a 52mr.
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I think they called this one the "Guide Special", didnt stay on the market very long, but a great lure none the less.

Comment

im lovin their new Mirrodine
                            Boats and hoes.

Comment

Working...
                            X