cold weather spots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather spots...

Got a few days coming up when I might make it down to fish...what areas do you guys like to wade during cold weather? walk up areas??? will the usual suspects work??? sportsmans rd, galv state pk, etc... thanks!

You are pretty much on the money for walk in spots, just be prepared to grind it out this time of the year. Either could produce a lifer this month through March!! Good Luck!
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Glad you refreshed my memory krackdawg.I've been meaning to ask the question of walkin wading at the state park.So,there is walk in accessable areas in the park?

Comment

its this time of the year to grind it out...yea theres walk in wade spots in state park...u have to pay 5 bucks per person to get in the park..

Comment

if you don't mind a littel drive...Anuhuac Preserve and East Bay can be a nice Winter time spot.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

i heard they were good during this time of the year..i need to try them out when i get a truck soon!

Comment

fished sportsmans before... but not Dana's... anyone got any advice for that spot walkin in? I assume its pretty much the same as sportsmans...

Comment

Dana is not like Sportsmans, Long walk and lots of soft stuff. need to get out from behind the geotube on the campground side then it gets better. once you are on the bayside of the tubes, stay at least 20 feet in front of them, still a few holes that haven't silted in. Great cove!
                http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
                X