Wednesday report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday report

Stabbed a few Founder last night in lower West Bay close to Mud Cut. Water was in great shape under a light northerly breeze. Flounder were mainly in the 17 to 18" range, biggest going 20".
    Put the gigs down and headed to one of my favorite reefs in West where we caught 11 Trout to 20". Blue/chrome She Dogs accounted for most of the Trout. off the water around 10.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Nice mess of fish AP!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That did get a little chilly though; driving 57mph in the bote at 2:30 a.m. all over West Bay.

Maybe we should bring hot toddies next time instead of cold coors light.

Comment

I agree with that LOL.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
          That did get a little chilly though; driving 57mph in the bote at 2:30 a.m. all over West Bay.

Maybe we should bring hot toddies next time instead of cold coors light.
          I'm havin' a hot toddy right now

Been under the weather ever since that 3.5 hr wade last Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            I'm havin' a hot toddy right now

Been under the weather ever since that 3.5 hr wade last Sunday.
            Did the wade make you sick? I'll make you some home made chicken soup. Seriously! It's my Grandmother's recipe. Give me about 4 hours notice and I'll make some for you. It was a pretty good wade that we made.....it was the longest one that I have ever made. We went through some pretty chilly water too.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Great report Aqua

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                Did the wade make you sick? I'll make you some home made chicken soup. Seriously! It's my Grandmother's recipe. Give me about 4 hours notice and I'll make some for you. It was a pretty good wade that we made.....it was the longest one that I have ever made. We went through some pretty chilly water too.
                Yah it was fun... I think the cold water and hot sun did it to me...

Comment

Originally posted by westendangler View Post
                  yah it was fun... I think the cold water and hot sun did it to me...

r u okay????
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Waders or a wet wade? This time of year I start throwing the waders on, or at least take them in the boat with me. You can get some pretty decent breathable waders at academy for about $60-$70, perfect for right now and early spring when the water is cool but the air temps are still up. They breathe so you dont sweat as bad.
                    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

We were both wearing breathables last night. One more good cool snap and I may be in the neoprenes LOL.

AQUA PIMP
                      AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                        We were both wearing breathables last night. One more good cool snap and I may be in the neoprenes LOL.

AQUA PIMP
                        Dude...no way.Never wear neos again. I waded a Colorado river in March with snow every where...in breathables. All you need is layers...so much better I promise. I haven't worn neos in 3 years.
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Majek- Wet wade...

007- Naw I aint okay... Been sick for 3 days now went to the doctor and got the old steroid shot... finally on antibiotics.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                            Dude...no way.Never wear neos again. I waded a Colorado river in March with snow every where...in breathables. All you need is layers...so much better I promise. I haven't worn neos in 3 years.
                            Is that Gore Creek??

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                              Is that Gore Creek??
                              Blue River...Dillon, Co. Wife was at the outlet mall just past the bridge...pretty wierd watching people watch you when theres snow blowing and its like 15 degrees. God it was cold!
                              Don't be a Nancy!
                              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                              X