Clear Lake winter specks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Lake winter specks...

Ok guys... Im assuming that soft plastics are the key to Clear Lake in the winter... I cant quite pattern em just yet. I fish down at Titlum Tatlum most of my days off, tryin to have a fallback close to home. Clear Lake boat ramp is 5 minutes from the house... any info would be much abliged...
    There's a place for ALL of GOD's creatures.... right next to tha mashed potatoes.

Plastics in the channel. Some BIG trout caught in there in the winter.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
      I've seen a guy that uses tube baits with rattles and a weighted body...locates the trout on the drop with a fishfinder and just jigs away. It works, i've seen some of his scores.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

When you guys say "in the channel" are yuou referring to the galveston shipping channel?

Comment

no not gsc....the channel that runs from clear lake out to galveston bay(Kemah/Seabrook) channel
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
            are you talkin bout the ship cut?
            There's a place for ALL of GOD's creatures.... right next to tha mashed potatoes.

Comment

Clear Lake Channel.Right there at the Kemah boardwalk.

Comment

Great!... I know exactly where thats at... Thanks guys!!!

Comment

close to the Charter House restaraunt...

Comment

Clear Lake Channel

There are numerous spots in the channel of Clear Lake that can hold fish depending on current movement, water clarity, salinity, etc. You have to take in consideration how fast the water is moving as well. There is a spot that holds trout, reds and flounder real close to Three Amigos Marina that I really like to anchor in my big boat on an incoming current in the summer time but when the water is moving fast they are not there. There is no reason whey it shouldn't hold trout in the winter..... I tried last Sunday using chartreuse jerk baits up and down the channel in my kayak but only managed one 24" trout, and she wasn't that deep. I also tried that spot Mudslinger 12 was talking about, by that restaraunt, and didn't get a bit. But the water was off color......
                    Last edited by rtoler; December 20, 2009, 06:48 PM.
                    Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
                    X