I need a quicker pulled pork recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a quicker pulled pork recipe

I have my heart set on and have planned to smoke a 13 lb. pork shoulder for pulled pork.Well I have to work tomorrow,maybe untill two p.m..I would like to have this done for the Saints game at around seven.I was thinking,could I cheat it?Maybe stick it in the oven until noon or two then smoke it untill about seven?Anybody have any experience with this or should I wait until Sunday.What are the oven instuctions if this is possible.Thanks,Christopher.My wife will be here to man the oven if it neds attention.

when we get off the boat tomorrow i'm headed straight for your house.that sure sound good.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

You are more than welcome,just need to know if I can pull it off in time or do I need to make it sunday.If not it's hot dog and hamburger city until sunday but you still welcome to come see.I've been a Saints fan from the early 90's and am looking for the mojo,Christopher.We will be in the garage with cold beverages and food and the invite is authentic if interested.I live in Galveston.Let me know and I will give you a phone number.Christopher.

Comment

I've got a pretty good pulled pork recipe, I'll post it up later when i get home if I can remember.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I went by that little farmers market they have over in Clearlake Shores on Saturday mornings, and bought a genuine North Carolina recipe barbque sauce from a nice lady there. That recipe has been in her family for sometime, and they've bottled it. It's more vineger based but pretty tasty. Pretty sure they are there every weekend.

Well pull my pork...I just saw that this thread is from last year....nevermind!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Here is the one I meant to post up earlier....

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
            1 large onion, chopped
            6 cloves garlic, minced
            1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
            1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
            2 bay leaves
            Coarse salt and ground pepper
            3 tablespoons tomato paste
            1 3-pound boneless pork shoulder, cut in half lengthwise
            1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in juice
            1 large chipotle chile in adobo sauce, (from a small can), minced (about 4 teaspoons)
            1 cup crumbled queso fresco, feta, or goat cheese
            1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
            Cooking Steps
            1. In a large (5-quart) heavy pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste. Add pork, tomatoes (breaking them up) and their juice, chipotle, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is very tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Discard bay leaves.
            2. Using tongs, transfer meat to a large bowl; shred with two forks, discarding any large pieces of fat or gristle. Return meat to pan, and simmer until sauce is thick, 30 to 45 minutes more. Season, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
            X