Drain plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain plugs

Alright, no eye rolling please, this is my first boat and the drainplugs that drain the hull have a red gasket to tighten the seal . They are brittle and have cracked and broken away. I asked at West Marine and LMC Marine , where I bought the boat, and they both looked at me funny ( I'm getting use to that , now ) and said they can order me a pair , but don't keep them in stock. I thought all those places would have buckets of them. What do I do ? Buy some O-RINGS of some sort and slip them on ? Thanks.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

screw in type brass plugs?
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Plugger, go get you some replacement plugs if your concerned... Academy has them in the screw in model and the one that has the nut that you bend the tab like a jon boat would have... You will not sink because of an o-ring on a plug (assuming the rubber on the plug is not broken)

Gasket to tighten? You got me there any pics? Seeing it would help...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

ha no plug intended "just plugger" sometimes i can't help myself buddy.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Just sit down and be quiet, Chris. At academy I saw the type that replaces the the bracket and drain plug and also the rubber plug that inserts with the brass flip down lock, but it doesn't screw in. Saw some brass screw in types with no O-ring seals, those would do , huh ?
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Henry, That plug type you have, Black plastic with the receptacle and plug as one piece as a unit must be replaced as a unit. they shouldn't need anything to hold the screw plug to the socket. Mybe a silicone marine sealant that holds the receptacle snug in the hull. See if you can get someone to get you/install the brass fitting and plug. They wong have the little keeper, so when you pull the plugs you will have to keep up with them, and spares are recomended. This type will last forever if sealed to the hull properly. Plastic is too easy to break, especially when it's cold or they have seen several years of service. give me a shout if you need help.
            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
            X