Hot Peppers Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Peppers Anyone?

Anyone else here grow hot peppers? Skipped last year but this year have a pretty good crop. Went with Habanero, Thai, some variant of New Mexico, Cayenne, and of course my heirloom little chili pequin's. Good friend gave me some seeds for next year that I will be getting started in a month or so that I am looking forward to trying out.
    Brown Moruga
    Chocolate Scorpion
    Devil's Tounge
    Red Ghost Scorpion
    Carolina Reaper

IF anyone wants any seeds from the Cayenne or Habanero let me know as I have a pile of both.

I grew so many last spring that I didn't plant any this fall. Freezer is still full. Lots of hot banana, japs, Serrano , poblano, and a ghost pepper plant for fun.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I do!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

I grow peppers in pots from from nursery starters ... Tabascos , serranos , green bell peppers . Sometimes bananna peppers . Thanks for the offer .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          I do!
          ....I'll hook Ya up Brother! This coming season I am going to work on some cross breeding and see what I can come up with. Had some luck this year with some bells that picked up some heat and the outside characteristics of my Habs.
          The cross between the Ghost and the Red Scorpion was hotter than heck but didn't taste worth a darn. Think a cross between the Carolina Reaper and the Devil's Tongue ought to have a much better flavor.

Comment

If you still have some seeds left I am intersted..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda340 View Post
              ....I'll hook Ya up Brother! This coming season I am going to work on some cross breeding and see what I can come up with. Had some luck this year with some bells that picked up some heat and the outside characteristics of my Habs.
              The cross between the Ghost and the Red Scorpion was hotter than heck but didn't taste worth a darn. Think a cross between the Carolina Reaper and the Devil's Tongue ought to have a much better flavor.

Save em for me I meet u at the catfish pond[emoji12]
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by J_acosta View Post
                If you still have some seeds left I am intersted..
                No problem as I have a ton of them. Don't have any of the super hot pepper seeds to spare, but Cayenne, Habanero, Thai,and Santa Fe I have plenty of.

Was wondering what I had gotten myself into when I chewed up a chunk of that Reaper and then read online that they are the meanest out right now. Never thought you could halucinate from eating a hot pepper before. Darn good flavor though I have to say once you get back into your body!!

Comment

Anyone want some seeds I'll be down at Louis' Bait Camp sometime around 12:30 Sunday afternoon out on the deck. I'll bring some with me, just bring something to put them in. Envelopes work well.

Comment

I want some please
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                      I want some please
                      The ones that make you hallucinate?
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Down at the fish camp in BV. Will stop by and see you Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda340 View Post
                          Anyone want some seeds I'll be down at Louis' Bait Camp sometime around 12:30 Sunday afternoon out on the deck. I'll bring some with me, just bring something to put them in. Envelopes work well.
                          I may just stop by for some.
                          A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

I usually grow tabascos my favorite to eat raw or serranos or chili peqin but this yr i thew in some Santakas and Explosive peppers very good!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dbarham; October 18, 2014, 07:43 PM.
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

....still have a ton and seeded some more Habs last night. Give me a call and I'll hook anyone that wants some up.

Got a good story for Ya'll.

Someone dropped off a pet "Easter Bunny" they didn't want and it ended up on my front porch a week or so ago. Pretty tame, so I started feeding it,figuring that it wouldn't last long due to the hawks and coyotes I have in the woods right behind the house. At any rate, the other day I look out by the planter box where it hangs out and the darn thing is all falling down and looking like it's having convulsions. Can't hold it's head up and it keeps falling over on it's left side.
                              Built a small pen to keep it in one spot and gave it some carrots and celery wondering it it's going to make it as well as wondering what in the heck had gotten to it.
                              Went out back to pick some more Habanero peppers and saw that one of my plants had been stripped of most of it's leaves and there were a ton of half eaten peppers laying on the ground! Seems that new rabbit had one heck of a buzz due to eating what the wild cotton tails in the back were smart enough not to touch! Rabbit seems to be doing OK now.

Comment

Working...
                              X