Merry Christmas to me from Chip 12/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas to me from Chip 12/20

Met up with Chip last night so he could get me my Christmas present!! He gave me some corkies. I have only caught one fish on a corky before and that was about 5 years ago at mosquito island. Third cast of the day was a 28" trout released to fight another day. It was very skinny. Fished for another hour around there with no luck. Paddled over to another one of my honey holes and nothing there. Came back close to where I started and switched to a gulp v-tail. 2nd cast missed a nice fish a couple casts later I got a 16"er for the stringer. Walt and Kevin were out there and I saw kevin catch a couple. There was another boat a little ways down that was having quite a bit of luck. Walt and Kevin took off. My buddy and I moved again and were not having any luck. Then the guys who were catching took off.(they had 13 keepers). I switched back to the sinking corkyand 2 casts later had a FAT 21" trout . It is now noon and I am about ready to go but we stick it out there for another hour and I nailed 4 more 17"-19" and my buddy David caught 3 solid fish also. The sinking corky. Thanks again Chip. I will get the pics on tomorrow. I got a new camera and totally forgot I had it in the yak. Even after I remembered I had it I still forgot to take pics of fish. Gonna have to work on that. Thanks again Chip!!

Great job...28 and skinny might have been a stud......wow........were you yakking in your home waters.....nice.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yes I was out in the backyard!!

Comment

It also only had spots more down by the tail. Not any from the middle up...

Comment

Good job out there Jeremy!
          Scott
          "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

thanks fp10....chip didnt give me any corkys for christmas
            Captain Glenn Stevens
            Coastal Guide Service
            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Congrats on a stud Trout!

Comment

Congrats Jeremy on the fish..
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
                  thanks fp10....chip didnt give me any corkys for christmas
                  But you bought me a nice hat!

Great report Jeremy. I told you those things would work out there!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice catching.Congrats
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report. Thanks FP10.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Here is a pic of the fish he kept.....Nice!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks Chip!

Comment

Nice trip FP10 way to grind it out!
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great to see you out in that nice Yak Jeremy! It's your favorite NFL team color and must have given you that mojo to catch a few fish. You had quite the stringger.

The color selection we all were using seemed to be a choice color to catching that morning. My biggest was 22.5" and fat as can be. We tried a few other spots but there was only one flatfish to stick in the box.

As far as the other fish you seen me catch on the backside of the boat.....I guess I still got the touch to make people think I am on them and it was only oyster shell, lol!

Great job Jeremy!

Comment

Working...
                              X