Makin Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makin Jerky

That ole buck I killed is too tough! Steaks are out of the question, the backstrap is really good though. Decided to make jerky out of the hind steaks and I just got it marinating. Tomorrow it hits the smoker......

Sure hope it turns out good, I'd like to have some to take down south TX way in a couple of week for a bow hunt I'm going on.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Mines going in the jerky cannon tomorrow!!!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I've always wanted to make jerky. You just put it in the smokehouse all day?
      I've heard some people dry it in the oven. We make our own sausage and have a recipe for seasoning but never have tried to do jerky
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

I have cooked mine in the smoker and the oven both were equally as good!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Yep, just get you a good marinate recipe and marinate over night. Then you can put it on the smoker, in the oven or in a dehydrator. If you do it in the oven or dehydrator you will want to add some liquid smoke to the marinate.
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

My jerky is on. Made up way too much in this batch, smoker is full and had to put some in the dehydrator and it's full also. Now once it's done, I'll have to keep my son away from it.......

Comment

cool I will have to try it. making me hungry just thinking about it......
              XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
              X